Coleman kerosene camp stove flame is yellow

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by BChance, Nov 6, 2019.

1. BChance United States

After a few use of this stove, the flame becomes consistently yellow and does not go back to the strong blue flame. Even when I tried turning it low. How can I improve it?

2. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

Hi, @BChance ,

Welcome to CCS! It would help, greatly, if you tell us what stove you have, and post some photos of the blue flame, then the yellow flame. What type of kerosene are you using? Did you buy the stove new, or used? Is it a roarer, or silent model? Do you have a pot on the stove, or not? What are you using to prime the stove?

Photos, and answers to questions like the ones I've posed to you, will help us, help you. By the way, where are you in CA? If you're in the South, we're having a get together soon, and if you can attend, we may be able to show you, in person, what's wrong with your stove. I look forward to seeing photos of your stove, and reading your answers to my questions. Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

3. hikerduane

hikerduane Subscriber

Aside from one suitcase model and the Solus line, Coleman did not make kerosene stoves. Are you confusing Coleman with kerosene instead of white gas/Coleman fuel?
    Duane

4. itchy

Don't forget that the 550b and Exponent Apex can be used with kero with the proper generator. But they are not usually called kerosene stoves.