Coleman stove with gas valve in front?

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by Sonny Dryer, May 13, 2019.

1. Sonny Dryer United States

Hi all, have a question. While my Wife and I were out checking the antique shops and flea market venues, I ran across an old Coleman stove, that I hadn't seen before. I should have taken a picture of it, because I forgot the model number. It was fairly heavy, and a 3 burner model. The thing that got me was, the tank remained inside, and the gas valve came out a hole in the main body, right by the carry handle. I have never seen one like it before. It was traditional green, and felt quite a bit heavier then any of my 2 burner models, or 3 burner models I have handled. I should have just bought it because it was only 10 bucks. it was pretty rough paint wise on the lid. I've looked and looked through pictures, but I can't find any with the gas valve knob, coming out the front. It didn't look modified, as the hole was perfect. It was in a tight area and there was too much foot traffic for me to get it out to really get a good look. Any ideas?? Thanks for any help.
    Regards Sonny

2. Sonny Dryer United States

OK, I should have researched a little more. I see it is a 420 with the cast iron burner.......There is definitely a wealth of knowledge here.......

3. snwcmpr

snwcmpr Subscriber

4. Sonny Dryer United States

Yep, that was it. I think I may go back and get it. It's a little rough paint wise, but may be pretty solid other wise......Thank you for your reply

5. snwcmpr

snwcmpr Subscriber

The tank comes out of the case for use.

6. Sonny Dryer United States

Yes sir....