This Primus silent burner was knackered: the tubes were blocked and the nipple seat threads were stripped. But other than that the burner was in decent condition. So I decided to cut it open and unblock it, and then convert it into a regulated burner with a new jet. This is how I did it. First I cut and unblocked the burner, cutting the tubes just above the jet seat Then I inserted a regulator barrel that I devised from measurements taken from an Optimus 111 burner (details further down). The barrel has a drilled and threaded inside, and takes a normal Optimus 111 spindle, packing and fittings - except that the pinion teeth are ground off the spindle so the gas can pass easily from the inlet tube to the nipple There is only one inlet for the gas into the regulator barrel, this feed come from the left hand tube in the photos. The right hand tube is redundant, and is used for support only. Next the barrel (without nipple and fittings) was brazed in place using Silverflo 55 braze alloy and Easyflo flux. and the fittings and nipple are fitted New washer from @Spiritburner, and the burner is fitted on an old SVEA tank and works as it should from full throttle to simmer. So, from scrap burner to regulated burner in an afternoon. I am very happy with this recycling project. Regulator barrel internal details. The outside of the barrel has flats ground in a vee (visible in photo 6) so that it is cradled securely between the two long tubes. There is also a small flat ground on top of the nipple hole so that the nipple makes a gas tight seal. I now have made three of these regulated burners. The two silents were from knackered burners. The roarer burner was made completely from scratch and will be posted separately.