Eagle Super No.0

Discussion in 'India' started by qinghaus, Jun 18, 2008.

1. qinghaus

Hello all,

New member here, sent here by one of the boys on the Old Town BBS. I'm Deb, and up till now my interests have been primarily with Coleman lanterns. Then their stoves started to peak my interest, and well, you all know the rest! Thought I'd be smart, and set my sights on single mantle and burners only. That ought to limit my collection, right?? NO!

Well, the other day I saw this little kero roarer and bought it. I realize the legs are missing, but figured I can make some or buy some. My question is, after looking around this site and the rest of the web, I can't seem to find this model. I would like to know who makes it, what country it's from, and approximate age. It's about 7 1/2" tall x 4 3/4" wide at the base of the fount.

Here are some pics, hope you folks can help me out, please.
    Thank you, and hope to learn about this "new" to me world of stoves!

Deb

1354650403-SuperEagleNo0stove001.jpg

1354650411-SuperEagleNo0stove005.jpg 1354650419-SuperEagleNo0stove007.jpg 1354650428-SuperEagleNo0stove009.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2015
  2. qinghaus

Would've been nice if I named the thing, duh! It has stamped on it, "Super Eagle" , "Reg. TM", "No. 0" . On the thumb screw on the filler cap are the letters "T V", and on the opposite side of the screw it says "Original". On the flame spreader it has "Eagle", and "No. 1". You should be able to see all of this in the photos, but in case you can't, this is the description. Thanks again.

Deb

3. brassnipplekey

Looks like one of the better quality Indian made stoves ... The script on the burner head would argue against it being Chinese , Korea , Taiwanese .
    Unusual shape of air release valve http://www.indianindustry.com/cgi-local/profile.cgi?ss=LPG+Gas+Stove&supp=ind&biztyp=exp&cid=26IBmZHQ&tradeinfo=yes&modid=IIND&country=India&noofemp=2500&from=search&city=Kolkata&comp=Dutta+%26+Bros%2E&compid=26IBmZHQ&cidx=26IBmZHQ&companyx=Dutta+%26+Bros%2E,%20Kolkata]LINK[/url]
    Go product list , at the bottom of the page, look down page & you might just see something you recognise .. Burners No.2 to No.5 & the distinctive air release .............. Could be a Super Eagle ??
    T'Interweb ................ Brilliant resource

Nick

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2015
  4. qinghaus

Hi Nick,

Thanks for that link, it sure looks like mine. Down to the little red feet. Thanks again.

Deb