Earliest Primus 96's, closer

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by hikerduane, Nov 8, 2018.

1. hikerduane

hikerduane Subscriber

Just got this old 96 in the mail today, a "B", 1912. Looked funky, but the other "B"s in the SRG are stamped the same. Neat distributor badge. Added nut on the cap I guess to get more leverage, will remove that. Homemade cast iron burner plate.
    Duane
    20181107_162145_opt.jpg 20181107_161953_opt.jpg 20181107_162034_opt.jpg

2. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

Evening, Hikerduane,

I was going to bid on that one, but decided not to jump into the fray, as I've bought a ton of stoves recently! Nicely scored, my friend, and thanks for sharing it here! I look forward to seeing it after you finish cleaning it up a bit, and get it fettled and running!! Congrats on getting it!! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

3. hikerduane

hikerduane Subscriber

Thank you Doc. Nut is off the cap, but can't get all the solder off, can still read the writing on it. Soaking lipstick, bell, mesh and priming cup in hot vinegar now. May have it running tonight. Heavy solder repair around the air release, will leave that for now.
    Duane

4. hikerduane

hikerduane Subscriber

From same seller, with combined shipping, this usually expensive Cavog fuel tin was free, the small size. Harder to win than the large size. Some tarnish, but the decal is in great shape. Have been trying for quite awhile to get one.
    Duane
    20181107_163422.jpg

5. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

Morning, @hikerduane , Duane,

Yes, those small Cavog fuel tins are sometimes hard to find, but worth having. Good score! Next time I'm in Seattle, I'll have to stop by that Goodwill store and see what might be worth taking home!! Again, good work on scoring the 1912, and I look forward to seeing your progress, and the eventual firing up of that neat old stove!! Yay, Duane!!!! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

6. MrAlexxx

MrAlexxx Subscriber

Wow as usual. You do have an amazing collection going on. :)

Alex

7. hikerduane

hikerduane Subscriber

Thank you guys. Fired the stove up this morning, first pic with the homemade flame plate, then the little cleaner shot with correct plate. Side pic is with the homemade plate. Nice when everything works and no leaks, did peen the lipstick as usual, they usually need it. Replaced the pump cup, lead washer, fuel cap washer. Both the top bung and the fuel cap had double washers. The fuel cap maybe had a asbestos washer in there.
    Duane

20181108_093513.jpg

20181108_094303.jpg

20181108_093525.jpg

8. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

@hikerduane , Duane,

Excellent job! It's got a ton of potential, and already looks a world better than when you received it, or I saw it for sale!! Well done, my friend, and thanks, again, for sharing it! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

9. hikerduane

hikerduane Subscriber

Thank you @Doc Mark. Runs great, replaced the lead washer and refired, real happy.
    Duane
    20181108_120803.jpg

10. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

Hi, Duane!

Yes, indeed! That's a lovely Primus Pocket Outfit 96, and being from 1912, well, hey, what's not to love about this little guy?!!! Very happy to see it running as it should, and I'll bet that the stove, itself, is happy to be once again making the Blue Flame!! Well done, my friend!!! I'm very happy for you!! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc