Early Trangia Nr25

Discussion in 'Trangia' started by Raman, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Raman

Early Trangia Nr25

3F2D265B-5818-4EC7-989C-C7B446E2C649.jpeg 03CCE7F0-F7EA-4499-8323-262259202E8E.jpeg 8984D3FB-9AF3-4BDA-9F2D-44488CF9BFE0.jpeg BC530D3D-F1F6-45F4-9D4F-62B5375C45EC.jpeg 82B06831-F10D-4BF6-B7EB-3D1ED906881D.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2020
  2. OMC

OMC Subscriber

Thank you @Raman .
    "Early" -Trangia nr 25...
    I'm impressed so ok, I'll bite.
    As presented, iirc, it may be the earliest Trangia burner seen on CCS, could that be?
    I've not seen one like it although it is the shape etc of what we expect from earliest example.
    The bottom clearly different. Aside from the large cross on the bottom, are there no markings?

Might this Nr 25 kit be the earliest known (on CCS) as well?
    There may be more pics needed, of markings for one, for comparisons... this one is minus kettle which I mention only because the one comment i just now quickly found re Nr 25 dating references the kettle:
    "Second version Trangia 25 circa mid 1950's - main difference from first version is the knob on kettle lid - later the kettle bail got a plastic liner." source

Is there year for 1st version Nr 25? Nr 27?

If OP "in the box", is the earliest, then this is a banner day for Trangia on CCS and a few members more familiar might be interested (no offense to others).
    @Spiritburner @Lennart F @presscall @tretrop @SveaSizzler @lanevitt
    and @Hazet sorry if this tag is not well received.

text from Images for cross reference:
    Trangia CAMPING - STOVE From the country of the midnightsun
    CAMPING STOVE No. 25
    Trangia Aluminium J.E. Jonsson & Co. TRÄNSVIKEN SWEDEN
    ( Trangia Aluminum , TRANSVIKEN )

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
  3. Lennart F Sweden

First 25 is said to be produced in 1951 - the print in first picture is not known from any boxes in Sweden, only as posters but the box is first known version so this example may be from very early export or maybe an early promotion.

4. Raman

5. Spiritburner

Spiritburner Admin SotM Winner Subscriber

Lovely label & I've not seen a burner with the cross like that before. :thumbup:

6. Lennart F Sweden

That burner in the link seem to be first version as it has a wire spacer in the bottom, followed by the cross that simplifies production and next the first logo bottom version - it is the logical development.
    The simple spirit stove 23 that share burner with the storm cookers and the camping set 24 were in production before 25 was born so those very early burners may be pre-T25 products.

7. Hazet

I am glad that someone here got it. Please post some more pics!

I was very tempted when this showed up on eBay. I was in contact with the seller, and she gave me permission to save/use/post the pics from the listing.
    The label on the box is awesome.
    Another thing to note on the burner is on the underside of the lip. Notice the peen marks, and not just a rolled over edge. I wonder if this was a factory feature, or if it was done later by a user. The marks are a little too randomly spaced for me to think it was factory, but who knows. The "X" mark on the bottom threw me off during the auction. The burner cerainly has all the hallmarks of an early burner, just have not seen that marking on a Trangia burner. Perhaps send some pics to Trangia and ask them about it?
    Nice score!
    This is a pic I saved from the auction, showing the black wire pot supports and band.
    s-l1600 (6).jpg