Egil Fuhrmeister Metalvarefabrikk & Co

Discussion in 'Manufacturers' started by Archivist, Aug 14, 2007.

1. Archivist

Archivist Archivist

Egil Fuhrmeister Metalvarefabrikk & Co (Norway) Courtesy of Arne Aasgaard

Founded in 1931, beginning with the production of blowlamps. Blowlamps were sold to boat engine factories on the west coast of Norway such as Union & Sabb.
    Stove production started in 1946 and ended in 1955, possibly along with the production of blowlamps.
    A large amount of stoves was delivered to the Norwegian army after WWII.
    After the war the factory started production of Jerry Cans for NATO in Europe.
    All production stopped in 1976

--------------------------------------

Ble etablert 1931 med Blåselampe produksjon fra begynnelsen. Blåselampene ble solgt til Union og Sabb motorfabrikker til bruk ved glødehodestart.
    Primusproduksjon startet i 1946 og sluttet 1955, muligens også blåselampeproduksjonen.
    Et større antall primuser ble solgt til forsvaret etter krigen. Fabrikken ble etter krigen leverandør av Jerry kanner til Nato i Europa.
    Fabrikken ble nedlagt i 1976.

2. E.Fuhrmeister

If anyone is interested in history/info and parts for fuhrmeister burners and stoves/ovens let me know.

E.Fuhrmeister

3. shagratork

shagratork United Kingdom Moderator, R.I.P. Subscriber

I have sent you a message in a 'Conversation'.
    If you hold your mouse pointer over your name at the top right, a menu will appear, and Conversations is in that list.

4. E.Fuhrmeister

Seen and answered ;-)

5. E.Fuhrmeister

A few corrections. Production of stoves started in 1946 and ended in 1963. Shortly after my grandfather died. The factory was taken over by Egils brother Fritz but he was unable to make it run properly and stopped production of stoves. And all production was focused on Jerrycans for NATO. The factory was finally closed down in 1975.

6. Skauvill

Skauvill Subscriber

Hi! A friend of mine, in Norway just bought a fuhrmeister 10. It seems to be similar to Fuhrmeister 12, just another tank on no 12. Are there any other differences? Maybe the burner? I am norwegNor as well, so I am also interested in al of the history regards to Fuhrmeister as well.

7. Rikard Norway

Do you still have parts for Fuhrmester? I'm missing some parts like the regulation wheel and clensing needle for a military version of no8. It would also be nice to have a pdf or print of the military instruction sheet inside the cover.

I was not able to write messages in Conversations.

Rikard