Enders 9060D Silent

Discussion in 'Enders' started by yonadav, Jun 12, 2011.

1. yonadav

Here is a nice Enders 9060D that I got recently. Except for being dirty, it was pretty much in working order when I got it. There was some pressure leak from the tank cap, which I solved by just flipping the seal over. The pump leather was dry, but came back to life with some machine oil. (This is lucky, since the Enders leather cup is pressed together with the backing metal ring, which makes replacement a problem.) I cleaned the burner and valve assembly with a short bath of Citric Acid, and now I have a nice, very powerful stove. It boiled a liter of water in 3:45 minutes.

1307875916-IMG_2611_resize.JPG

1307875953-IMG_2601_resize.JPG

I decided to add a well known object (the coke can) in stove photos, for easy size reference
    1307875988-IMG_2619_resize.JPG

1307876023-IMG_2610_resize.JPG

The flame is ferocious, but clean blue
    1307876097-IMG_2608_resize.JPG

And it has a beautiful simmer
    1307876119-IMG_2616_resize.JPG

Yonadav

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2015
  2. mr optimus

mr optimus Subscriber

Hi Yonadav what a score a very nice stove indeed the flame control is superb on it from a very powerfull flame to a very gentle simmer infact the flame control and patern on the Enders9060D looks very much like a modern butane/propane stove a cracking little old classic a head of it's time

3. threedots New Zealand

A nice stove yonadav.
    They certainly are very different in design to the usual Swedish petrol stoves.
    A good, solid German stove. Grunty as well.
    Well worth keeping that one. Cheers, John

4. Big BTU

Wow super clean Enders Yonadav! Great stove, you will get alot of use out of it. I love their simmer and power too.

5. Chef BC

Nice score Yonadav, I think this stove will become a favorite of yours given enough time. You have done well to get such a uniform flame, it looks superb! Just be sure to push the valve/needle levers inside the case before folding over the lid, the weak point is the brass tank. This will cause deformation of the tank. :( :( :(
    Harold/Chef BC

6. gunsoo

Hi Yonadav.
    wow i like it indeed. :thumbup:
    small size,and powerful flame, also beautiful
    flame .
    congratulation !!

Gunsoo

7. Grebby

Please ignore this I just posted in the wrong thread
    Cheers

Grebby

8. presscall

presscall United Kingdom SotM Winner SotY Winner Subscriber

Coincidentally, Grebby, I've not long ago posted this - should answer your questions about the differences between the two stoves

Enderses

The 9061 probably cost more new, and likely still does bought second-hand now.

Which is best? Identical burners and output, nothing to choose unless you favour the ingenious telescoping controls on the 9061 and the way it can be put into use a little bit quicker and easier than the 9060D can.

In terms of design, the MSR is very different from these 'stoves in a box' but in terms of heat output and quiet operation, similar. The benefit of the 111T is that it'll take paraffin as fuel, whereas the Enderses and the MSR are white gasolene/Coleman fuel/Aspen 4T/panel wipe (pretty much the same fuel).

Some, myself included, prefer using paraffin in stoves, particularly since its possible to get it cheaper than the other fuels in the UK (except possibly the panel wipe).

John

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2015
  9. presscall

presscall United Kingdom SotM Winner SotY Winner Subscriber

I guess I just did too answering your questions!

Oh well.

John

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2015