Enders 9061

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by worrzy, Oct 20, 2021.

1. worrzy Canada

CB887FCC-287F-4AA5-8A61-F4F23AD856CC.jpeg 7191BE9E-AEA5-45BB-81DA-B260D048451E.jpeg 1E31F26D-FD79-425D-9386-06003D1E3895.jpeg 45587505-03F4-404F-B62B-E943CFD7883B.jpeg I found this stove the other day at a local thrift shop for $6. I had to manufacture a few seals from raw stock and after that it fired right up. The label is German obviously but it does have a 1960 date. Is this the manufactured date of this stove? Any insights would be appreciated. It came with 2 wrenches (identical) but no spare PRV or parts tin. Anyone know where to get these to make a complete kit? Also willing to give second wrench if someone needs it

thanks
    Mw

2. ulysses

ulysses Subscriber

Excellent find! I believe 1960 is the date of manufacture, "Baujahr" I think is "build year", if I remember my German.

3. Wim

Wim Subscriber

You're absolutely right Paul! (@ulysses )

4. Daryl

Daryl United States SotM Winner Subscriber

Very nice kocher, need to return and leave them a tip! Puts out good heat and simmers also and with its low profile makes for very stable cooking. You should enjoy using it. Daryl sunny SoCal

5. Daryl

Copied this from 2010 post: Rick b
    Hi, Kchunk. I had save these instructions from a post some time ago. I cant remember who it was that did the translation, (but thank you!) it is from the inside of the top of the tin for my Enders 9061.

1) Let’s begin on the left side where there are 5 lines alongside the narrow edge of the plate:

Kocher, Benzin, Einflammig
    Versorgungs-Nr. XXXXX
    Hersteller: August Enders AG
    Baujahr: XXXX
    PTB Nr.: III B/E-5242

Stove, Petrol, Single-burner
    Military-stock-nr.
    Manufacturer
    Year of production
    Safety certificate of PTB

2)Let's continue with the long text along the long edge:

BEDIENUNGSVORSCHRIFT:
    VOR GEBRAUCH: Reglerknopf herausziehen und den danebenliegenden Griff für die Duesenreinigung nach unten stellen. Pumpe betaetigen bis staerkerer Widerstand spuerbar wird. Anwaermschale durch Oeffnen des Ventils (Reglerknopf nach links drehen) mit Benzin fuellen, wenn 3/4 voll, schließen. Reinigungsgriff nach oben stellen. Füllung anzuenden. Ist Anwaermschale fast leergebrannt, Griff nach unten stellen. Ventil oeffnen und austretendes Gas am Brenner anzuenden.

Operating instructions:
    Before use: pull control knob out and turn down the handle next to it [cleaning needle]. Pump until stronger resistance is felt. Fill priming-cup with Petrol by opening control valve (turn control knob to the left), close when 3/4 full. Turn [cleaning needle-] handle up. Light contents of priming cup. Once priming cup has almost burned down, turn cleaning needle-handle down. Open control valve and light exiting gas near burner.

3)Underneath:

NACH GEBRAUCH: Ventil schließen (Reglerknopf nach rechts drehen), Griff nach oben stellen, Reglerknopf einschieben.

After use: close control valve (turn control knob to the right), turn handle up, push in control wheel.

4)Further down:

SICHERHEITS-VORSCHRIFTEN:
    Nur Kochgefaesse mit hoechstens 26cm-Durchmesser verwenden. Keine Verschraubung loesen oder Benzin einfuellen in der Naehe offener Flammen, waehrend der Kocher brennt oder solange er noch heiss ist. Kocher nicht laengere Zeit ohne Aufsicht brennen lassen. Kocher nicht anzuenden, wenn sich Benzin im Schutzkasten befindet. Benzin erst entfernen.

Beachten, dass Brennerkopf und alle Verschluesse fest angezogen sind. Brenner sauberhalten.

Brennt Flamme innerhalb des Brennerkopfes (starkes Brummen), Kocher abstelen, neu anzuenden.

Safety Instructions:
    Use only pots with bottom surface less than 26cm diameter [older models: 20cm]. Don't open any fastenings or fill in petrol in the vicinity of open flame, while operating stove or while stove is still hot. Don't leave stove burning unattended for extended periods of time. Don't light stove if petrol is present within the [protective] case. Remove petrol before.

Check burner head and all fastenings are tight. Keep burner head clean.

If flame burns within burner head (strong humming), turn stove off, light again.

5)And finally, on the right hand side:

Nur fuer Benzin, Benzol oder deren Gemisch.

Only for Petrol, Benzole [?] or combinations thereof.

Gee, that was quite longer than I thought. A few umlauts, too.
    Please do consider, that it sounds somewhat more elegant in german than it may appear from my translation. I do other things for a living.

By the way: if you know how to measure 3/4-full for the priming cup in low light, show me how.
    I use meth for priming and coleman fuel in the stove.

6. worrzy Canada

Thanks for all the info, much appreciated.

Another question: I noticed that the burner does not locate itself equally between the 3 pot holders, is this by design for this stove?

Also, if anyone here needs a wrench for this stove, I have an extra and am also looking for spare tin to complete my kit.

Thanks again,
    MW

7. Daryl

Your welcome. Could be one or more supports are bent? I Had to bend mine so pan would be leavel. Might look in gallery and see how yours compares with others.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
  8. Wim

Wim Subscriber

I can see what you mean by the potholder location from your pictures. The burner is in its correct position (look at the position of the control knob and cleaning needle handle with fully opened case). Can the third potholder be easily relocated? If not, an easy solution is as follows; after opening the case, and pulling out the control/cleaning knobs, slightly tilt (and support) the top half of the case upwards. This will bring the burner inwards a bit. The amount is limited by the knobs touching the side of the hole in the lower case half. Not the most elegant solution I know. If the pots used on the stove are large enough, I wouldn't even worry. Only the use of a small Bialetti-style coffee maker or an ibrik would pose a (slight) problem.

( @worrzy )

9. worrzy Canada

Thanks Wim for the suggestions.
    It appears from looking at other examples of this stove that the misalignment is due to the third pot holder mounted to the case. It is spaced further away from the burner. This support is crimped to the case and cannot easily be repositioned. Raising the case containing the tank doesn’t really help as it quickly tilts the burner head off level.
    I guess it’s per design. I will leave as is, it’s not a big deal.

MW