Enders funnels

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by Jesse, Oct 4, 2021.

1. Jesse

image.jpg ENDERS_FUNNEL.jpg image.jpg In case anyone is interested, I’ve designed up an Enders funnel in cad and have ordered a sample from shapeways to test out on my stoves. Due to cost, I’m having them made from glass filled nylon and I’ll be threading them myself.

These are $16 a piece plus shipping. I can email anyone the step file if they want to do the same and Ill post results here from my test, but I’m pretty confident this is going to work.

If anyone likes it and doesn’t want to mess with the process, I can make you one. A one off from me would cost about $35 (shapeways is $10 shipping, plus my shipping and my time to die cut and deburr), but several would reduce the cost. Stay tuned for the results.

The thread is an M12x1 assuming that I measured it correctly.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
  2. ROBBO55

ROBBO55 Subscriber

Jesse, they look good :thumbup:, but I don't have an Enders stove :cry:
    Looking forward to hearing how it performs.

3. Robert Jones

Robert Jones United States Subscriber

Awesome - very impressed. You da man. I would like to purchase three (3) of these. Please let me know when they're available, and total cost including shipping to ATL. Thank you!

4. Jesse

Thanks fellas. Stay tuned.

5. HunterStovie

HunterStovie United States Subscriber

@Jesse,

I'd be interested once you work out the bugs. Now I'll have to see how many stoves are missing funnels.

6. Russenjesus

7. Yun124

Yun124 Subscriber

Hello, Very cool, nice!
    If I've Enders, Why not to order this!
    Thank you for your sharing, good day!

8. Jesse

Markus, that funnel looks nice and a metal version would be nice. Alas 3D printed metal is relatively expensive unless I were to incorporate myself and enter a contract with shapeways which I have no interest in doing. Glass filled nylon is durable and fuel resistant. I’m only a little nervous about the m12x1 thread.

9. ROBBO55

ROBBO55 Subscriber

Jesse, most dies have a lead in taper to assist starting the cut. Which means it won't cut deep all the way up to the sholder
    To complete the cut you may have to grind one side of the die to remove the lead in.

10. Jesse

That’s going to make a thin die. I got the die in today and in fact it’s the right thread size. I’ll see if I can find a straight die or maybe I can cut the remaining threads with a not so clean technique which I won’t mention to save face…..

11. back view Japan

Stainless steel funnel for enders9061, $2:mrgreen:

12. Petroman Netherlands

Hello,
    I am new to CCS but not to collecting smelly kerosene burning devices. My main interest are lanterns. Therefore I am member of CPL for many moons now and before that memeber and moderator at BBL.

I am triggered by this topic which was mentioned on the first German Petromax forum via Markus (RJ). I also have two 3D printers and design with sketchup pro.
    Now for the funnel: is there a STL file available? What material is used since kerosene is more or less agressive to plastics and what method is used by shapeways?
    @Jesse , you made the design so you own the "rights" how does this work with shapeways?

Wim

13. back view Japan

14. back view Japan

I mean is: the stainless steel funnel for 9061 and 8R is very cheap, there is no need to make it again, the stainless steel funnel in the picture is only 2 US dollars in China...:mrgreen:

15. Wim

Wim Subscriber

Hi @back view , I've bought similar funnels before in China, very small & handy for small stoves, but the main difference when using the original Enders funnels is you cannot overfill the founts and there is no spilling of fuel. Not so with the stainless steel ones!

16. presscall

presscall United Kingdom SotM Winner SotY Winner Subscriber

Jesse posted this on Tuesday 5th October and announced in a post in the Lounge on Thursday 7th that he’d cancelled his CCS membership.

I’m not sure if he’s hanging around CCS to proceed with this project?

17. Yun124

Yun124 Subscriber

Hello @back view, so usd2 funnel can be found in Aliexpress? Better to have where thanks!

18. back view Japan

19. Jesse

So I haven’t forgotten about these threads and I do have some of those cheap funnels. Enders funnels thread into the tank securely and it’s a super nice feature. I’m not attempting to sell these to make money. I should have my parts delivered next week and I’ll post how they work. If anyone wants the cad file to make their own, just PM me.

20. Jesse

I’m just tying up loose ends. I’m a good finisher and want to keep that going in my life.