Enders pump repair kits from Alibaba.com

Discussion in 'Fettling Forum' started by Colin Geer, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Colin Geer

Colin Geer Subscriber

So.... I searched online for Enders pump washers and up popped Alibaba.com with an entry that asked me to get a quote for 1 x 3 kits, price nominally $14:50. What I need a quote for when it tells me the price I don't know, nor do I know what the quality is like (has anyone else tried them?) but anyway, I asked for a quote for 10 (10 x 3 kits if I understand correctly). When I get the answer, would anyone potentially be interested in purchasing some with me?

2. Colin Geer

Colin Geer Subscriber

I've also just ordered 3 sets of Viton O rings suitable for the pump tube/tank seal, the pump shaft/leather washer assembly seal and the filler cap seal. Together they cost less than £10. Once they arrive I will check the dimensions and quality and post my thoughts.

Meanwhile I'm still waiting for the brass eyelet swaging tool so I can finish the replacement leather pump washer assembly I'm working on.

3. boknasild

boknasild Subscriber

I found the link on Alibaba.com and it seems that they are using a photo posted by Sefaudi in Member Services. I thought Sefaudi had stopped making pump washers a while back.

4. kerophile

kerophile United Kingdom Subscriber

5. Colin Geer

Colin Geer Subscriber

Hmmmm, it seems dodgy to me!

6. boknasild

boknasild Subscriber

Here is the photo from Alibaba,

Enders pump cups.JPG

7. cmb56

cmb56 Sweden Subscriber

Here is the text extracted from Sefa’s eBay sale:

Excellent pump cup leathers and sealing washers for German Enders pressure stoves.
    Items are completely new, unused and produced from real leather.
    Pump leathers have been newly produced identical to genuine design.

This kit perfectly fits Enders 9060, 9060D, 9061, 9061D, 9065D, 9063 (baby) models.

The best quality you can find ! Do not waste your time and money for poor qualities !

Long life, super elasticity, perfect fitness, excellent sealing.
    This repair kit comprises:

3 pieces special pump leather
    3 pieces large viton washer
    3 pieces small viton washer

You may be aware that these type of Enders brand stoves use pump leathers different from classical pump cups used on Swedish type conventional pressured stoves. These pump leathers are located between two metal plates. As you would see there is no pump piston on these type Enders stoves. Piston is self built on the leather.

The sealing washers seen in the photos are made of viton, a special material resistant to fuel abrasion and high temperature. The large one is to be used onto the pump tube for sealing with the tank. The smaller one is to be used on pump rod, behind the pump cup. You see it gives good sealing while pushing the pump piston into the pump tube (pls look into pictures 5 and 6).

What I should be more concerned about is the Chinese offer on Alibaba than with Sefa’s sale.
    We know of his high quality products that I hope he will start to sell again.

Michael

8. kerophile

kerophile United Kingdom Subscriber

Hi, Michael @cmb56 Thank you, all is now clear.

I share your concern about the Alibaba approach. Sefa produced very high quaility goods, He used quality materials and had several CCS members “field test” new products before offering them for general sale.

With small parts like Viton O-rings there is no marking or indication of quality on the item, so you are totally dependent on the quality control system and ethics of the seller. In this case we are dealing with key components of a gasoline-fuelled pressure stove, so quality really does matter.

Just my thoughts,
    Best Regards,
    Kerophile.