Ender's pump tube question.

Discussion in 'Fettling Forum' started by Colin Geer, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Colin Geer

Colin Geer Subscriber

Hi guys, I got my Enders 9061 working last night having soaked the leather washer overnight. While it does work, the pump only pressurises the tank on the last inch of travel. I used standard rubber O rings as a test while I wait for my seal kit to arrive courtesy of RussianJesus - thanks in advance.

I got a nice blue flame, no yellow, but the spread of the flame is uneven. It usually starts off OK, but after about a minute some of the holes aren't lit. Is this a positioning problem with the inner cap or something else?

Secondly, the pump tube had suffered at someone's hands before I got it and it wasn't 100% round! I worked on it VERY carefully indeed and it's a little better, but what would be the best way to re-rounding the tube? Will a new pump washer be able to cope with a slightly irregular tube? I remember reading a thread on here about just this point but I can't locate it again.

All that aside, the Enders 9061 is an awesome stove (albeit way over-engineered!) and instantly became my favourite!

2. Colin Geer

Colin Geer Subscriber

I'll try to post some flame shots tonight.

3. kerophile

kerophile United Kingdom SotM Winner Subscriber

4. Colin Geer

Colin Geer Subscriber

Thanks Kerophile.

5. tretrop

tretrop Subscriber

I hope it is ok to add a question 're the pumptube, the cap/nut that holds the tube to the tank, is there a washer in that normally? I had one in the one I am working on right now, it is from 1966. I had a vitonwasher that I put there and am looks ok, but just need to check.

6. Russenjesus

7. kerophile

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
  8. tretrop

tretrop Subscriber

...well, I did put a seal on the cap-to-tube joint, just to see if it would work, and that was not a problem. But is it something that one would need ?

9. kerophile

Hi tretrop. The Enders stove does need the tube to tank seal to allow the tank to be pressurised. If you chose to have an additional seal on the cap to tube joint, that should cause no problem but it serves no purpose.

Regards,
    Kerophile.