Family FB 8105

Discussion in 'Family' started by Ray123, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Ray123

Ray123 Subscriber

This is my Family Cooker model F.B. 8105. It is a 1 pint kerosene stove with a convertible burner. It was made in Korea by the Seong Poong Ind. Co.

Some interesting features include an ornate star pattern on the tank, an srv fill cap and the bottoms of the leg holders have a sculptured design. The reserve cap is fitted on the pump knob similar to the Optimus 00 and 45.

In the first photo I've shown it without a burner head installed. From this basic stove you can drop in a roarer head or a silent cap set. The roarer head is one piece with a spacer. The silent inner cap has an air tube with some holes while the outer cap is a conventional style but locks in place.

It's a nice bit of kit. Comes in a nice carry box with instructions, windscreen, plastic primer bottle, and funnel. A plastic soft pack holds the wrench, 3 prickers, pot supports and even an extra jet.
    This stove is unfired and I've shown very good control up to this point in not lighting it yet!

100_1045.JPG

100_1046.JPG 100_1054.JPG 100_1048.JPG 100_1049.JPG 100_1050.JPG 100_1055.JPG

100_1053.JPG

Ray

2. Doug L

Doug L Subscriber

Wow very nice.
    Interesting how they have the odd roarer burner cap on some of these Korean stoves.
    Thanks for sharing.

3. presscall

presscall United Kingdom SotM Winner SotY Winner Subscriber

Sheer exuberance in the design - that pressed star shape on the tank top and a roarer flame plate that unecessarily mimics a conventional roarer burner cruciform top. Stunning.

John

4. Ray123

Ray123 Subscriber

Thanks guys.

I can't believe I got the stove name wrong. It's Family Burner obviously and not Family Cooker.

The cruciform roarer flame plate offers another place to display the Family name and model number. Since there aren't burner feed tubes connected, a simple flame could have been used. The Seong Poong Ind. Co did a great job adding these little extra details. The SRV, star pattern on the tank and the shaped feet are other examples of them making this stove a bit different than the competition's offerings.

5. Tony Press

Tony Press Australia Subscriber

Stinkpot Bay, Howden, Tasmania, Australia
    A very handsome stove!

Cheers

Tony

6. kerophile

kerophile United Kingdom SotM Winner Subscriber