Fire Maple Blade 2

Discussion in 'China' started by Reflector, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Reflector

Denatured Alcohol Pointless Ban Land (California)
    Also known as a FMS-117T or FMS-118T. For some reason the FMS-117T also may refer to a variant that doesn't have the liquid feed tube/generator. The tubeless configuration FMS-117T may also be the Olicamp Xcelerator with blue accents and a different valve and minus the liquid feed tube.

Mine is definitely not of the original configuration, I have my heatshrink tubes and moved the liquid feed tube over to the leg where it is more protected. The burner head can be unscrewed and the jet/tube assembly will rotate. I may have adversely affected performance at maximum output when it is inverted so take the liquid feed maximum output flame shots and the issue with it surging in those with that as a note. From other shots of it online it does seem to have a bit of red in the flame from the titanium getting hot. Also putting a pot or pan will likely change the way the flames hit the generator and I suspect the wide open liquid feed problems wouldn't that much of a problem.

Also make sure the generator is below leg height. Mine had an issue early on where the loop was bent a little high and the bottom of pots and pans "rested" against the generator rather than one of the legs. A little firm but gentle thumb pressure should be enough to "correct" any issues like that if it gets bent to be too high.

The pot supports are a little fiddly, there's no friction to them and they like to flop around. The legs proper have some friction to them with their pivots.

Most of the stove is made out of titanium. The legs fold but it doesn't exactly get super compact. I am also sure the ultralight crowd would have conniptions over this this variant because it weighs a little more than the variant without the generator and that's only useful if it gets run in liquid feed mode to prevent output reduction. It is a light stove and it does take liquid feed. It just doesn't fold as compactly as some other designs.

Curiously as a little detail: The valve has a serial number on it and inside the box is a date code that is stamped. I checked and the year and month seem to match. I'm surprised by this as the valve looks like the generic kind of valve seen on a lot of Chinese stove designs where it has the outer flange and the round control dial.
    Blade box contents.jpg Blade top.jpg Blade bottom.jpg Blade generator detail.jpg Blade valve serial number.jpg Blade valve reverse.jpg
    Blade box front.jpg Blade box side 1.jpg Blade box rear.jpg Blade box side 2.jpg Blade box top.jpg

I've also attached a scan of the "manual" that comes with the stove as I have no idea if that'll be online in a few years:
    Blade manual.jpg

Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
  2. Reflector

Denatured Alcohol Pointless Ban Land (California)
    Flame shots follow as:
    Simmer (doesn't go super simmer, the gas pressure "pushes" the valve back open due to backlash)
    Low
    Medium-ish
    Medium-high-ish
    High
    Maximum when operating on straight butane gas
    Surging if it gets rotated over for liquid fuel mode while the valve is wide open (don't run it like this, see caveat in first post)
    Medium-high-ish on liquid feed

Note the yellow is not really present in real life, it looks more like a reddish or orange-ish tint from the titanium burner head turning a bit red and I think that is the UV that is causing the camera sensor to register that "yellow" tint.

Take note of how the burner gets smaller in the successive shots. I had to stand back as the flame got pretty tall. With a pan or pot the flames shoot out horizontally.

Blade simmer.jpg Blade low.jpg Blade medium.jpg Blade med-high.jpg Blade high.jpg Blade gas max.jpg Blade surging liquid max.jpg Blade medium liquid.jpg

Also a few more remarks: The hose is pretty flexible and rotates on the connector side but not the stove side. It was flexible enough that I felt that the double different length heat shrink strain relief was necessary to add on. It comes with some of that thin gray heatshrink from the factory on the jet/generator block's crimp for the fuel hose.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2021