Fire Maple Volcano alcohol stove

Discussion in 'China' started by Reflector, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Reflector

Denatured Alcohol Pointless Ban Land (California)
    Volcano stove detail.jpg
    Volcano jet detail.jpg
    Volcano simmer ring covered.jpg Volcano simmer ring extended open.jpg Volcano and Trangia simmer rings.jpg
    Volcano next to Trangia burner.jpg

It almost looked like it could be one of those Trangia sized burners but it doesn't fit in the Trangia windscreen. The stove is just a tiny bit too large on the diameter to fit inside the windscreen/stand unfortunately.

I have it pictured here with an actual (not knockoff/clone of a) Trangia burner. Too bad about that, it looks like an interesting stove but the stand really is mediocre as it doesn't locate the stove. I may have to look at the other kinds of stands where they're just flat sheets of metal with a slit that mounts on the rim as an alternative as I don't really like the non-fitment of the existing stand or may have to fabricate something.

This might just be a collector's for collector's sake stove. The burner pattern and design is definitely different from anything out there (a good thing for innovation) as it seemingly uses that center post for thermal feedback while it has center facing helical jets like a Tekoba's Capillary Hoop Stove.

2. Reflector

Denatured Alcohol Pointless Ban Land (California)