Further to recent posts on this, I decided that I could make the burner bell more robust by drilling double holes rather than slots for the air intakes, then cutting a slot between the holes and folding the flaps inwards. This time I used steel for the lipstick tubing and the flame plate. Also I brazed the 'wing' corners together at the top of the bell after bending to shape. The jet used on this test lipstick was a normal 0.32mm jet with the sides squashed in to give approx. a 0.23mm hole, and brazed into a circular cap and onto the steel lipstick tubing. Steel flame plate made from scrap. Standard brass gauze packing was used and heat transfer back into the lipstick is good, so vaporisation is maintained and the flame is stable over long periods. Some more 'squashing' of the jet is needed to get rid of the yellow flame tips. An old Monitor tank has now been made into a working stove, and elevated to morning brew duty. Incidentally, a B&Q 10mm plumbing pipe coupler thread is a slightly loose fit on both Monitor and Swedish '96' tanks, and provided a good thick lead washer is used it provides a good tight seal between lipstick and tank. Fettlebox washers are ideal.