For all you Gaz globetrotter fans

Discussion in 'France' started by It'l Dodat, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Chris J United Kingdom

Cheers Simes, but it's not something I am seriously considering doing. I do know how the search function works incidentally; it's how I found the lovely thread about Globetrotters. Got my tea though and a rather disappointing mince pie.

2. Simes

Simes Subscriber

Sadly I don't think we have a mince pie recipe on CCS or pictures of them being cooked in a Coleman oven. :)

The Bleuet refill was just for curiosity and being able to run occasionally, it certainly saves the effort of trying to find canisters.

It may pique someones interest if used on a day out somewhere as a conversation starter.

3. Chris J United Kingdom

4. Marc

Marc Subscriber

Refilling the Bluet canisters is the only way we can run them here. I've been searching for a source for pierceable canisters here in the USA and completely struck out. Just the occasional one, purely by chance.

5. Twoberth

Twoberth United Kingdom Subscriber

@Chris J
    How does a GT Mk 2 differ from a Mk 1.

I have three GTs, two of them have 3 strap loops on the billies and one has only 2 loops (no evidence of the third being broken off). Do you know which version came first?

6. Chris J United Kingdom

The MK1 has two belt loops. One pot at the rim and one at the base so that they fit inside each other. My MK2 doesn't have any loops at all andinstead of the wire handle it comes with a clamp style pot lifter. Now, the wire handle was sweet but if you weren't careful, as you lifted the pot you could squeeze the handle together and the pot would fall off. It was important to always have the prongs facing upwards. Ask me how I found out as a boy.

Now how you have one with THREE strap loops? Well that's just showing off that is. I have put a dedicated GT thread up recently

7. Twoberth

Thanks @Chris J
    Just posted pics of my unfired GT, which is a three looper!!

8. Chris J United Kingdom

Yes I can see that. Wow that really is unfired isn't it. What a gem. Like my Geniol, completely unused like it just came out of the box. Brought a tear to my eye that did. All those cups of noodles and OXO cube tea.

9. Twoberth

Pound (dollar) shop wire coat hangers are the same diameter as Globetrotter handles, so it's easy to make your own replacements.

DSC09315.JPG DSC09316.JPG

10. Ian

Ian Subscriber

The 3-looper is great; you can use the small pot as a lid for the big pot and keep stuff warm in it.
    Nice to see the GT so popular these days. I was on the receiving end of much derision when I first suggested it might be a 'Classic' camp stove.