Found in Primus No 1S:or fount

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by Sven O, Oct 10, 2021.

1. Sven O

Sven O Sweden Subscriber

I found a small bead in the the fount when replacing the leaking burner. Its diameter is about 6.5 mm and its height is slightly less, but more than 6 mm. The shape is hard to describe, but you might say it's like a fat UFO. I hope it is possible to see in the pics. It sticks to a fridge magnet, so it contains iron.

What is it? I thought it might be some cleaning pellet from the manufacturing process, but why would the fount need cleaning? IMG_20211010_210948.jpg IMG_20211010_210852.jpg IMG_20211010_210907.jpg

2. Kiwi NZ

Kiwi NZ Subscriber

An alien spacecraft with a failed navigation device.

3. Sven O

Sven O Sweden Subscriber

Of course.

In retrospect, I should have posted this in "Stoves in Film & Literature", since there is a clear connection to the alien documentary "Men in Black".

Also, the stove was a 5 S:or. (I tend to confuse 1 and 5.) Not that it matters much.

4. threedots New Zealand

Hello @Sven O . I wouldn't have a clue what that part could be(part of a jumper valve??). I have found items inside some old stove fonts like pieces of chalk, an old $2 note, pieces of sewing marker pencils and crayons and even spare new nipples(x6)- That was one of my luckier finds.
    Cheers, John

5. Sven O

Sven O Sweden Subscriber

Some money or spare nipples would have been pretty nice. :-)

I guess we might conclude my tiny UFO is not something which Primus meant should be in there.