Found this in a junk pile

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by PeteRepeat, Nov 30, 2020.

1. PeteRepeat Australia

Just wondering what it is?

PXL_20201130_064046282.jpg PXL_20201130_064609519.jpg PXL_20201130_064617164.MP.jpg PXL_20201130_064647885.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2020
  2. Geoff Chirnside

Geoff Chirnside Subscriber

Welcome aboard, I have no idea what you have there but some one will be along soon that does.
    It looks like a beauty though, twin wicks, in excellent condition. It looks as if you could just fill it
    with kerosene and fire it up.
    I think getting the wick height is important, other than that I will let others give you more informed advice.

3. Tom Pedersen

Tom Pedersen Denmark Subscriber

Same system as this one, just a different make.

Tom

4. PeteRepeat Australia

Interesting! Thanks Tom & Geoff

5. ROBBO55

ROBBO55 Subscriber

Welcome to CCS @PeteRepeat
    I can't help with details about your particular stove other than it's in great condition.
    There is a lot of information in this post regarding this style of stove.
    Sadiron Heaters

6. Gunner

Gunner Subscriber

Re. the wicks to use; the fit of the wick in the tube is quite critical to get the toothed feed wheel to get a decent grip on the wick, yet it not beeing so tight that the wick bunches up a drags, till the feed wheel just chews a slot in it. Base Camp recommend that, if you order a wick from them, rather than trying to measure the wick - which is tricky to do accurately, because they're so stretchy - you measure the width and length of the slot in the wick holder.
    Reason, they say, is that it guards against the possibility of somebody having fitted a wrong size wick in the past - a constant problem I found when dealing with paraffin lamps on steam railways, where the common approach was "near enough's good enough - it's only an oil lamp, innit?"
    The truth is that an accurate fit between the wick and wick holder is pretty important for it to be easily adjusted, and give an even flame without yellow 'spikes'.

HTH,
    Gunner