Fuhrmeister nr.8 (model 1)

Discussion in 'Fuhrmeister' started by Skauvill, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Skauvill

Skauvill Subscriber

Finished with cleaning, polishing as well as something special perhaps, the choice of paint metod. The original paint had a slightly special texture, almost like orange skin. Would try to preserve that structure. The surface with the original varnish was therefore given a varnish scrub, some removal of rust growth, as well as insulation of the substrate (something gel-like that binds rust), before the new heat varnish was sprayed. Did not get too bad, obviously far from perfect, as naturally a lot of the condition of the substrate appears. This also applies to the orange skin structure It was kept OK. Should light it when I have a better muffler cup. The one on the photos, is burnt to death.
    Lots of mounting bias on this one. Don't know how much of it was from the start. So far no easy opportunity to correct the position of the thought has been seen. May be this way. Now it's on the shelf.

20200316_175224_resized.jpg 20200316_175254_resized_1.jpg 20200316_175254_resized_1.jpg 20200316_175336_resized.jpg 20200312_194948.jpg

2. Skauvill

Skauvill Subscriber

Forgot to tell, maybe not all now;
    Model 1 Fuhrmeister 8 was in production from 1947 to 1954 , when the more often sees Model 2 came in production.
    Model 1 has smaller tank, the cooking plate are not hinged, and the tank together could not been easly taken out of the box. And of course it was "lefthanded"
    Last picture hopefully shows the original color also was silver.

3. Ed Winskill

Ed Winskill United States Subscriber

Great job; looks really good.

4. Simes

Simes Subscriber

Very good result. :thumbup:

5. hikerduane

hikerduane Subscriber

I'm jealous, they go for more than I'm even willing to pay.
    Duane

6. Skauvill

Skauvill Subscriber

Hello Ed!

Thank you! I`m nearly satisfied my self to! But Off course, I should like to find one who is not in need for any restoration:lol:

7. Skauvill

Skauvill Subscriber

Thank you Simes! I`m happy my self!

8. Skauvill

Skauvill Subscriber

Hello Hikerduane!

They are expensive in the international marked, lucky for me, not all are willing to use international web sites as ebay or other. I have been lucky so far!:content:

9. The Warrior

The Warrior United States Subscriber

Very nice. Yet another stove I never knew existed.

10. Skauvill

Skauvill Subscriber

The warrior; Hello!

Thank you! Happy to show something a little bit rare from Norway!:lol:

11. JP2

JP2 Subscriber

Nice, can we see the burner?

12. Skauvill

Skauvill Subscriber

Hello JP2!

Well, not much to see, I`m afraid! It`s a burner from Radius (swedish) I don`t think it`s original! Fuhrmeister used Radius roaring burner at their first model 7 and 8. But I don`t think they ever used silent burner from Radius. By reading "something here and something there" about it, they produced they`re own silent burner, and used it for model 7, model 8 (first model) and 10. I seems that the burner was really bad, it seems that the brazing went up, special when use of heating top, whom was possible on the model 7 and 10. You can read about how bad reputation the model 10 got from that, on an advertising doc. from Fuhrmeister. They made Fuhrmeister burner model 11 for Cooking stove Fuhrmeister 8 and Chimney Fuhrmeister 12. In the advertising they offered to replace the old burner on Chimney model 10 with the new burner model 11. The modell 11 was a burner for the future as we see it now. It has its own cleansing needle, and the way they made it it could take the heat from the heating tops on the F8 (model 2) and the Chimney 12. As they write it, they got contract with the norwegian army with the new model of Fuhrmeister 8. It was a bit of a succe until around 1960 perhaps, when it seems to be replaced by Optimus 111. But when it comes to Fuhrmeister 12, it seems that they could have destroyed most of the reputation on the old type, N.10. The Fuhrmeister 12 dont seems to sell a lot. I`m sorry, it was a to long answer to your wish.

13. JP2

JP2 Subscriber

Thanks you, I didn't know much about fuhrmeister and now I am curious to know more about their story.
    Thank
    So why are they expensive?

14. Skauvill

Skauvill Subscriber

Mostly F8 wich is expensive I think!:?It`s hard to say, exact! Maybe several reason:-k One could be that Fuhrmeister did`nt show up until recently (last 15 years) on the international arena? Maybe! Maybe it sems to be in someway genius, and important; The silent burner on F8 (model 2) One more thing; It seems that the F8, only in small numbers are sold to countries beside Norway. They are sold, at least the military model F8, outside Norway, I have seen instruction for it in german, and Egil Fuhrmeister grandsun claims it was sold to "other Nato Countries".
    :lol:

15. Lighthouse

Lighthouse Sweden Subscriber

I had no idea these were available for purchase in that colour. Job well done I reckon. On my wish list for sure!

16. Skauvill

Skauvill Subscriber

Thank you Lighthouse!
    The first model of Fuhrmeister 8 has other colors than second model F8. Most F8 model 1 that I have seen "live" or at photos are green, same color used on Fuhrmeister 7 and 10. Fuhrmeister 8 are mostly now`n in military green color, but as you see in Fuhrmeister section here at CCS, it also came in dark and light blue, and also lighter green.

17. Gisle Norway

I´m trying to get a Fuhrmeister no 8 to work. It looks as if it´s leaking through the nozzle/needle even though the regulator i closed. I´ve been looking for possible solutions here in this forum, but I haven´t found any. Does anyone know how to maintain this stove?

18. Skauvill

Skauvill Subscriber

Hello Gisle!

Think you are a norwegian, but in this international group, I will try to speak english, my real bad english. The Fuhrmeister 8 you have; Is this similar to the one this tread start with?. I mean, are yours a model 1, the one with weel on left side? And if so; Does your Fuhrmeister 8 has its original burner? The way you descibe the problem, it could wery well be that the brazing has cracked up. If your burner are an original burner for this type of F8, it seems to be typical for this burner. But to say more I like to get answer to my question`s to be a little more sure.;)

19. Gisle Norway

Correct, I´m norwegian, but i thouht it might be of interesset for other english speeking members.
    The weel is on the right side. I was able to test it today. It burned, but I could not stop it with the regulator. I had to release the pressure in the tank. I also saw a flame from the burner, under the crossing with the regulator.

20. Skauvill

Skauvill Subscriber

Hello! What I have learnd about the burner on this model. The wheel is not realy a regulator! Ir just for the cleansing needle. You stop the burning with the air nob or tank lock