German Stove Photo Shoot 5-21 Feb 2010

Discussion in 'Events & Meets' started by Spiritburner, Feb 6, 2010.

1. kerophile

kerophile United Kingdom SotM Winner Subscriber

Hi Gary, Great post!
    That Enders No.100 looks familiar. Although it was born in German, does it have a Dutch accent?
    CCS is a very small World!

I can almost smell the the coffee.

BesT Regards,
    George.

2. kerophile

kerophile United Kingdom SotM Winner Subscriber

Hi, Here is a recipe for making Turkish coffee, provided by one of the best Manufacturers:

1266267718-Making-Turkish-Coffee.jpg

Best Regards,
    Kerophile.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2015
  3. BernieDawg Banned

:doh: ](*,) Of course! George you are so right. It does indeed have a Dutch accent and a wee bit of a Scottish one, too. :lol: Thanks to both you fine gentleman for the lovely stove.

And, Randy! Wow! :shock: You might consider a career in carpentry. The Desca is 14 and 1/4" wide by 8 and 3/4" deep. Nice job on the estimations! No case that I know of. Kerophile is my guru on Turkish, the expert in my world, so do whatever he says. He's da man! :thumbup:

Best,
    Gary

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2015
  4. DAVE GIBSON

DAVE GIBSON Subscriber

Kablama..you were asking about the big disc in the case with the slots.it covers the burner when the case is closed and the slots are finger grips to help pull it off.mine like others i have seen have the decal on top of that disc burned away,i assume some users think it's to remain while the stove is used :roll: because it's a flame spreader or heat diffuser for that Turm Sport

5. barrabruce

Muck term verdy sicks
    Cooking tea
    1266486856-turm36_cooking.jpg

Hmm whats in those pots??
    1266486897-turm36top.jpg

Awwhhhhh :cry:
    Homemade Spagaletti
    1266486938-turm36pasta.jpg

Want some plenty left???
    Sorry about not having any parmasan nor shallots for it but you should still be able to turn it into a turd thou

Well it aint the mostest sort out metho stove but It'll still burn the shite out of most stuff ...just like the rest.
    Barra

6. Hazet

Hello everyone. it's been crazy around the house getting ready for our baby who is due next month. just today i realized that it's almost at the end of the photo shoot and i haven't even as much as touched my stoves!
    well, here is my contribution to the shoot. i have pictured all Enders stoves.
    9065D which i got from a mutual VW and camp stove friend.
    9060D which i just bought on ebay with a buy it now. came with roarer and silent burners.
    100/9068 using the silent burner. thread about it here: https://classiccampstoves.com/posts/50998
    9063 Baby. i still have not got around to putting a new pump cup on, so it is only here in support, not burning.
    the last pic shows me using the 100/9068 on our front porch when the power went out for 5 days in December.

1266507909-DSC00679_opt.jpg 1266507904-DSC00670_opt.jpg 1266507898-DSC00669_opt.jpg 1266507914-DSC00680_opt.jpg 1266507934-DSC05303_opt.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2015
  7. kablamachunk

hazet; kablamachunk....the stove that looks like a 9060D...does it NOT have the cleaning needle?

8. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

Evening, Lads,

I got out my troop of German hotties today, and tonight began to fire them up and take photos. However, I ran into a small problem, which side-tracked me into some fettling! All ended well, and the problem is now fixed. But, I'm too tired to post the photos, and my report. Tomorrow, I'll do so. I know, the contest officially ends tonight at midnight, right?! I'm old and need an extension..... STOP THAT!! I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE ALL THINKING!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: See up all on the morrow, with a few of my little German Friends! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

9. bajabum

bajabum R.I.P.

have a good niiight :mrgreen:

10. TrainManny

Dear Doctor Rutledge,

Your request has been recieved and after much deliberation, the GSOC (German Stoveshoot Organizing Committee) has agreed to your extenstion request. Now lets see the hotties! :lol: ;)

Your most obedient servant,

Trainmanny

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2015
  11. David Shouksmith

David Shouksmith Subscriber

Had my Turm 144, Petromax/Henize/Geniol/Bund and Enders 9061 in the car for the entire time (two weeks/3 weekends) and never managed to get them lit yet. There's something wrong somewhere... :cry:

12. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

Evening, Guys,

Well, better late, than never..... I hope!! :roll: ;) :D :D

I had wanted to have every single German standing at attention, blue flames aglow. But, that didn't work out. Not enough time in the day to get them all up and running, and to photograph each one. So..... Here's what I got.

The Germans led off with a pair of Turm-Sport stoves, two different models. One fired right up, the other one did not. Here's the one that did.

1266983185-DSCN1890_opt.jpg 1266983204-DSCN1894_opt.jpg

Nice flame, and easy to light. The second one, however, balked completely, and would NOT light.

1266983285-DSCN1892_opt.jpg

Cracked it open, and guess what I found? Well, a former interloper, and his home, had plugged the burner fuel line, completely!! If there was any consolation, it was that the former resident, or what was left of him/her, was still in residence, but as dead as a doornail!! :-({|= :-({|=

1266983418-DSCN1896_opt.jpg 1266983441-DSCN1895_opt.jpg

Once the remains were removed, and his/her former lair demolished, here was the instant result.

1266983508-DSCN1897_opt.jpg

Ahhhhh, MUCH better, and very satisfying! Here are the Turm-Sport Brothers, doing what they do best, side by side.

1266983580-DSCN1905_opt.jpg

Next up, a few shots of my one and only Juwel stove. It came with it's tin, wrench, pricker, flame ring, and windscreen, and appeared to be a very good condition. However, I soon found a problem. More on that, later...

1266983689-DSCN1908_opt.jpg

I really like the way the reserve tank cap screws onto the end of the pump rod. The design does double-duty, and is well thought-out, me thinks. Here's a shot of it on the pump rod.

1266984043-DSCN1911_opt.jpg

I think I'm about to run out of room, so..... to be continued..... ;) :D Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

13. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

Hi, Friends,

Here's Part II of my offerings for the German Photo Shoot.

Last time we were together, my Juwel 21 made it's appearance. I mentioned that it would not fire up, and I'll soon show you why. But, first, here's it's neat windscreen.

1266984209-DSCN1912_opt.jpg

And, why didn't it work out well? Well.... uh.... there was this "dink"..... and, well, it leaked like a sieve!! I dare not even TRY to fire it up, with so much fuel leaking out the bottom. I guess a solder job is in my future, eh. The damage:

1266984310-DSCN1913_opt.jpg

Though the Juwel 21 is a very nice stove, and I'm sure that, once it's soldered up correctly, it will run like a champ, one of the reasons I love this little stove is it's very neat tin. Mine is not in perfect condition, but I'll use Spiritburner's patented suggestion and put some Simonize wax on it, just for grins. Here it is, front, back and sides, as well as the top. Neat tin, which someone at CASG3 referred to as the "Chinese tin". I like that name!

1266984504-DSCN1914_opt.jpg 1266984521-DSCN1915_opt.jpg 1266984537-DSCN1916_opt.jpg 1266984554-DSCN1917_opt.jpg 1266984570-DSCN1918_opt.jpg

Now, a group photo of my German Tribe. In the back row, an Enders three-some, left to right: A Military #9061; a civilian #9060D; and a second Military #9061. Both of the Mil stoves need a bit of help, but should work OK, when I get time to finish messing with them.

Middle row, my pair of Turm-Sport Brothers. Both great little stoves, and I think they are well worth owning and using; a Benzine-Baby that I bought, NIB, at "that same old swap meet", many, many years ago. The seller seems to have bought it from a garage sale, for $2!. He added a "zero" in the proper place and sold it to me for $20!! Besides it's original box and tin, the stove came with plenty of spares, all the tools, and it's paperwork; and, my second Benzine-Baby, this one a #9063. I rebuilt this one, and it's a real SCREAMER!!

Front row, my one and only Juwel stove, this one a #21.

So, there you have my German Tribe, and here's the group photo.

1266985281-DSCN1919_opt.jpg

And, since you were all so kind as to cut me some slack on the deadline, here's a "money shot" of my screaming little Benzine-Baby #9063!

1266985384-DSCN3809_opt.jpg

Thanks, again, for waiting up for me, Mates!! David, see? There's still time, if you want to post some photos of your own Germans!! ;) 8) :D Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

14. RonPH

Doc, you have a nice collection there of German stoves. The only German stove in my collection is the Petromax which is a great find and with the help of brother Wim, its a prized roarer for me.

Ron

15. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

Morning, Ron,

Thanks, very much! I have yet to find a Petromax brassie, but I did chance upon a close to brand new tin for one, and it's absolutely lovely! I look forward to, one day, finding a very nice Petromax #100 to fit in it, as that's the stove it was designed for. I found it in the midwest, I think Omaha, Nebraska, many years ago, for a small price, and HAD to buy it. Disappointing that the stove wasn't inside, but hey, it was worth having all on it's own. Lovely tin. Here's the only photo I have of it, and unfortunately, it's not a very good one.

1267026997-DSCN1061_opt.jpg

Hard to find such things in the US, that's for sure, but it is most certainly lots of fun, looking for a few more Germans to add to the Tribe, right?! ;) 8) :D Thanks, again, for your kind words. Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

16. RonPH

Doc, mine did not come with a tin :( so it is just wrapped in a warm cuddly blanket ;)

Ron

17. Matukat

Matukat Subscriber

I know it's late, but this ABUSED BABY arrived today...
    1267053282-Benzin_Baby_001_opt.jpg 1267053290-Benzin_Baby_002_opt.jpg 1267053296-Benzin_Baby_003_opt.jpg 1267053310-Benzin_Baby_004_opt.jpg 1267053333-Benzin_Baby_006_opt.jpg

No key, no flame spreader, and probably paid too much... *sigh* oh well... ;) :lol: :lol:

18. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

Hey, Matukat,

You won't be sorry you got that one, Sir! They are very nice little stoves, and once you get it back in fighting condition, you will be smiling, BROADLY, that you sprung for it, now! If you want me to measure a flame spreader on one of mine, you may be able to fashion one for yours. Or, check with some of our overseas Mates to see if they might have an original to spare. Good little stove, and congrats on getting one for yourself! Well done, Randy! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

19. Matukat

Matukat Subscriber

Thank you for the kind offer Doc!
    When you get a chance, the measurements would be a great help!
    I feel a bit better for the encouraging words too! :lol: :clap: Does what happened to this baby qualify as "child abuse"?? :shock:
    ATB!
    Randy

20. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

Hey, Matukat,

You're welcome, Sir! We're up to our eyeballs in work, right now, so it will have to be early next week. But, I will get some photos and measurements to you then. I owe Ron some of the same, different project, but will do his then, too. Again, congrats on a fine little stove! Oh, you will very probably have to rebuild the pump NRV, and fuel cap safety release and O-ring, but they are easily done. Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc