Ginge

Discussion in 'Denmark' started by Knee, May 25, 2022.

1. Knee

Knee Poland Subscriber

Hi. I recently finished my work on repairing and cleaning the Danish Ginge stove and decided to share the results of my work with you. I found the stove with the Svea burner and I wonder if this is due to the cooperation with Max Sievert or just a coincidence? Once @kerophile drew attention to the shape of the legs Ginge stoves IMG_20220525_074551553.jpg IMG_20220525_074506757.jpg IMG_20220525_074454799_HDR.jpg IMG_20220525_074144251_HDR.jpg IMG_20220525_075927198.jpg which are also identical to Svea, so maybe such cooperation existed?
    Best regards
    Stan

2. Nicola Francesco Elia

Nicola Francesco Elia SotM Winner Subscriber

@Knee

Congratulations for the photos, you have built a nice set!

Regarding Ginge I don’t know much or anything to be more precise :) Most of times burners were replaced during stove’s life, so I wouldn’t consider the svea burner as a possible indicator of a cooperation with Svea.

Nicola

3. Afterburner

Burner can be replacement since during 'old times' at repair shop they replaced faulty burner with brand that they happen to have in storage.

At least on some period of time Ginge had their own burner caps: Ginge Silent Burner

4. Knee

Knee Poland Subscriber

Thanks. @Nicola Francesco Elia I learned the pictures from you. (I was jealous ) Hope you don't mind. I am aware that burners have often been replaced with other burners. I was more guided by the opinion of an experienced person @kerophile about the shape of the legs, but maybe it's just a coincidence ..

5. Knee

Knee Poland Subscriber

6. Nicola Francesco Elia

@Knee I have myself taken inspiration from other’s photo sets, so I don’t have the patent of it :) We are here for sharing our knowledge for the best, so having better photos is a plus for the community, well done!

As I said I have no knowledge about Ginge, effectively the supports shape is very similar to Svea ones. Do the supports look originally soldered?

I often replaced legs taking them from donor stoves, so everything can be :)

Nicola

7. kerophile

kerophile Austria SotM Winner Subscriber

8. Nicola Francesco Elia

@kerophile thanks for sharing! And casually I have noticed that strange Svea trivet I was talking here yesterday: Radius cast iron trivet

I found my trivet in the Netherlands, so it could also have a Danish provenance…

Nicola

9. Knee

Knee Poland Subscriber

@kerophile Thanks for information.
    @Nicola Francesco Elia . The legs are attached original. I read the note about Ginge and my guess is that the creators were just following the example of others (as in the case of our photos ). Thanks to everyone for your help. Best regards.
    Stan

10. ulysses

ulysses Subscriber

The symbol within the crest, flanked by "D A" on the Ginge stove looks like Thor's Hammer, from historic, period examples.

11. Nicola Francesco Elia

@ulysses , quoting @Tom Pedersen

The DA logo was used by many Danish companies, and means Danish Work. Dansk Arbejde.

Nicola

12. anlrolfe

anlrolfe Subscriber

Looks like a very fine fettle.
    Good work and enjoy.

Andy

13. Knee

Knee Poland Subscriber

Thanks @anlrolfe . I did not think that working to refuse a stove could be so much fun. And of course, thanks to the people from this forum, I can deepen my knowledge on this subject. Best regards.
    Stan