Høvik Verk standard 41 vs primus 210?

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by Espen Lothe, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Espen Lothe Norway

Hi, I have a Høvik Primus 210 and just bought Standard no 41 from Høvik (still in the mail). They look quite similar, but what are the differences between these two? Differnt output effect? Can I expect the same burner on 41 as on 210?

076_1858525313.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2021
  2. kerophile

kerophile United Kingdom SotM Winner Subscriber

Hi @Espen Lothe . Welcome to CCS.

The Hovik Primus 210 and Standard No. 41 have essentially the same specification and many parts should be inter- changeable. Be sure to post some photos of your new No.41 once you receive it.

Best Regards,
    Kerophile.

3. Espen Lothe Norway

Thanks Kerophile! I will post more about my burners later. I am more a stove user than a collector, but it is way more fun with old kerosene stoves than a modern gas or multifuel. I got my first Optimus 111 with silent burner for my confirmation in the late 80s. Has kept me warm many cold winter nights in the tent.

4. Espen Lothe Norway

For 350 NOK this was a bargain. Seem like new, hardly used. No spanner nor blind plug for the tank, but this is not a real problem.

I have two questions for you guys with more kniwnlegde than myself on this topic:

Is it possible to buy the smart blind plug that douples up as a pump handle?

What age is this stove? IMG_20210203_110805.jpg

5. West Fork United States

Hi Espen. That is a beautiful stove. I think it's a bargain, too. I found one of the Hovik Verk #41 stoves a few years ago, and was surprised how well it works. Mine did come with a spanner wrench and 3 picks for cleaning the orifice. The pump knob can be unscrewed and used for a plug when not in use. That's how mine works. Nice find. I hope you get it running!

6. West Fork United States

To remove the pump knob, pull the pump out an inch or so. Grip the pump shaft, and unscrew the knob.

7. janders

janders Subscriber

Hi @Espen Lothe and welcome to CCS!
    Your only chance to get a blinding plug is if someone has a spare. I have heard the Høvik did not want to sell their spare parts when production ended but took it all to Grønmo landfill in Oslo...
    The air venting screw on the tank lid should be lower - in order to not bend/break when packaging the stove.
    Should be like this.