Handi Oven

Discussion in 'Handi Works Pty Ltd' started by Graham P, Apr 29, 2017.

1. Graham P

Found at garage sale today ... a few small chips of enamel a bit of rust under side rails but generally quite good. .W = 230mm D = 230mm H = 250mm
    Would be a car camper item as it is rather heavy.

G.P

DSCF3880.JPG DSCF3871a.JPG DSCF3873.JPG Handi Oven GP.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2018
  2. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

Morning, Graham P,

Nice Handi Oven! I've never seen one in the US, but then, even back when I bought my Handi-Stovette, brand new, I had never seen ANY Handi product in the US! Interestingly, I have still not seen "too many" products from that once fine company, and my Stovette is the only one of it's kind, and condition, that I've seen. I just realized that I don't ever recall posting a photo of it in the Stove Reference Gallery, nor taking many good photos of it, despite the fact that it's a wonderful stove. I'll do that, today, and post a link here, as your oven, and my Stovette, belong together, even if only in this thread!! ;) :content: Thanks for sharing your Handi Oven, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

P.S. Should you ever wish to sell, or trade your oven, please keep me in mind. Thanks!

3. z1ulike

z1ulike United States SotM Winner Subscriber

I just received a Handi Quick Boil stove in the mail. Too bad it didn't come with an oven. Thanks for sharing.

Ben

4. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

5. NW Lady

NW Lady Subscriber

Very Nice! Would love to fine one like that! Thank you for sharing the pics.

6. teckguy_58

teckguy_58 United States Subscriber

@NW Lady

Have you gotten a chance to use your EverHot oven yet?

Cheers,
    Norman

7. NW Lady

NW Lady Subscriber

@teckguy_58

Yes, I have. ....and a few of my other ovens.
    I get a little worried about using them on some stoves as I am not sure they are designed to have that much heat "trapped" above the burners near the fuel tank. Probably unfounded fear. I am looking for a 502 griswold burner/stove/hot plate for my ovens.
    BTW - I am soooo disappointed that I am going to miss the august gathering. I thought it was moved to the next weekend...darn me! so..the annual family camping trip is scheduled that weekend. Did I mention I am sooooo disappointed ](*,)

8. teckguy_58

teckguy_58 United States Subscriber

@NW Lady

There's always next year. If I can find a campground in WA that has shower facilities and group sites I will see about reserving a group site. So if you have any ideas please let me know.

A single burner stove such as a propane Bernzomatic or the Turner should work for your smaller ovens. If you are worried about heat loss some 1/4" carbon felt fiber sheet on the top sides and back would work great. It is also called a welders blanket.

Cheers,
    Norman