Heads up--bay seller of Radius 42 SRV kit

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by hikerduane, Nov 3, 2017.

1. hikerduane

hikerduane Subscriber

Bought the SRV kit from the bay of evil seller in S Korea, description said would fit my Radius 42 stoves, did not get around to fitting the parts until today. They are too large in diameter and if I tried to cut them down, think there would not be enough "meat" on the outer area of the rubber washer/disk. Requested a refund, but it's been about 15 or 16 days since I bought them. Will see. If you aren't familiar with the parts, they have a brass disk with a rubber disk with a small center hole and five larger holes around it. The original barely seals and is getting stiff, tried flipping it, but seems too stiff to reshape itself.
    Any other source? Base Camp doesn't have them.
    Duane

2. snwcmpr

snwcmpr SotM Winner Subscriber

"This thread is worthless without pictures"

:lol:

3. presscall

presscall United Kingdom SotM Winner SotY Winner Subscriber

@hikerduane
    Could it be that you’ve been sold the seal for the larger Radius fuel cap/SRV Duane? (Radius 46 fuel cap/SRV top, cap/SRV from a Radius range, below)

EFE1B030-D4D7-43E4-823D-49786F566E15.jpeg

Maybe the seller is confused about the sizing?

I took the long way round HERE

John

4. Longilily

If it's like these...

image.jpeg

I made a press tool some years back now for somebody, but before I posted it I gave some of these to Ross, in both sizes IIRC , not sure if he still has some but maybe worth asking ...

Edit. Crossed with John

5. Rangie

Rangie Subscriber

I had exactly the same problem with the same seller 18 months ago and he refused to change his listing!
    I'm currently using a 123 cap until I get round to manufacturing a seal and a disc (my brass disc is badly stress-cracked radially from the center hole).

Alec.

6. teckguy_58

teckguy_58 United States Subscriber

Hi All,

I did find the evil bay link for the Radius 42 fuel cap with SRV. This SRV repair kit is for the smaller sizes 42, 43 and also for several lanterns. The seller does have 100% positive feedback.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Protect-Ov...d=321578792699&_trksid=p2060778.c100276.m3476

s-l16004.jpg s-l5001.jpg s-l16003.jpg s-l16005.jpg s-l16006.jpg s-l16007.jpg s-l500.jpg

I do have a Radius 42 with this style of fuel cap SRV combination. The brass disk is in very good shape, but the nitrile washer is as hard as a rock, but it is still in one piece so I was planning on tracing it and making a new viton washer, but just haven't gotten around to doing the fettle.

Cheers,
    Norman

7. hikerduane

hikerduane Subscriber

Thank you guys, don't believe I saw the link @presscall, provided before. I searched under Radius 42 before posting and found the thread he made the washer.
    Duane

8. hikerduane

hikerduane Subscriber

@teckguy_58, I'll have to look at my 46, so many stoves, so little time.
    Duane

9. hikerduane

hikerduane Subscriber

My 46 and 42's all have the same size fuel cap. Got authorized to send back the parts.
    Duane