Help identifying a primus himalayan

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by Steviebear, Aug 2, 2021.

1. Steviebear

Steviebear Subscriber

image0 6.jpeg image1 4.jpeg image2 2.jpeg image6 3.jpeg image5 2.jpeg So I just picked this one up at a good price, and can’t seem to identify it exactly. The seller said it was white gas, but it doesn’t look like anything in the reference library nor anything I can find with google. I don’t think it’s a multi-fuel, or if it is, it is missing the other jets and/or connections for a fuel canister. Everything else either has a different burner, control valve at the stove, or the bottle connector is aluminum whereas this one is plastic. The only markings are primus on the flame plate and primus on the plastic bottle connector along with on and off. Haven’t tried to fire it up yet.
    Appreciate any help with identifying it and maybe some lighting instructions. I’m planning on lighting it the same way I do my whisperlites and dragonfly if nothing else.
    Thanks.

2. HunterStovie

HunterStovie United States Subscriber

@Steviebear

It's a Himalaya VF or Vari Fuel and it will burn Coleman fuel with the .35mm jet and Kerosene with the .28mm jet. Lighting is similar to the stoves you listed.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2021