Help Please...Sears two burner Made in Sweden

Discussion in 'Fettling Forum' started by Forestray111, Aug 2, 2021.

1. Forestray111 United States

I have a Sears 2 burner stove that has been in my family for at least 40 years! I have used it in the past with no problems but I think the valves need new O rings and a short piece of rubber tubing that's inside the spring on the needle. When I try to use it propane leaks out (eventually flame) around the knob. Can someone please take a look and tell me if I can use just a regular O ring and what to use for the short piece of hose inside the spring? I believe the stove was made in the early to mid

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2021
  2. Spiritburner

Spiritburner Admin SotM Winner Subscriber

Welcome to CCS. The link to your photo was invalid. Please upload a picture via the Upload a File button which is bottom right below the text field of a new reply.

3. Forestray111 United States

Loaded image wrong in my original post, hopefully this works.

IMG_1893.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2021
  4. Forestray111 United States

Anyone know what size the Oring is on the valve needle? Was it originally a flat Oring or is the Oring that is currently on the needle just worn? Also, what is the rubber piece inside the spring called? Does anyone know where to find the correct size Orings? I've been to Ace Hardware, Lowe's, and auto parts stores without any luck, all were too skinny and didn't fit right.

5. hikerduane

hikerduane Subscriber

Try HF, they should have a tray with numerous sizes, maybe online too.
    Duane

6. Majicwrench

Majicwrench Subscriber

Older propane stuff those Orings leak a lot. You should be able to find a replacement at a decent hardware store or auto parts store? Can you define "didn't fit right". If orings are too snug, a bit of WD 40 really helps em slide into place.

7. Forestray111 United States

Couldn’t find any that were thick enough. Going to HF this weekend and see what they have.

8. Forestray111 United States

I ended up making my own with a hole punch kit from an old leather working kit that I have. Took a larger sealing O'ring (flat sided O'ring) out of the kit I bought at HF and used the hole punch slightly larger than the needle. It works like a champ again, no leak and can control the flame much better.