Help! Primus 2385 camp stove connection?

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by Erin, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Erin Canada

I am totally new to older camping stoves, but inherited this beauty. I'm trying to understand what the ends of the hose adapt to? It came with an attachment on the hose that I was able to unscrew (I've attached pictures of what the hose looks like and then what it looks like with the attachment on.

Any help would be appreciated! Do I need to find an old primus propane tank in order for this camp stove to work? If I do find one, do they even refill them these days? I just want to make it work - doesn't matter to me if it works with 1L or 20L propane tank! Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

2. ROBBO55

ROBBO55 Subscriber

G'day @Erin and welcome to CCS.
    I don't reconize the first fitting but the brass right angle is an adaptor to fit a POL VALVE. They are very common on 4.5 and 9 kg LPG bottles here (Australia).
    POL valve - Wikipedia

3. ulysses

ulysses Subscriber

The first fitting, the silver one, looks like it would fit a 1 lb. "Coleman" type propane bottle, and I believe it will also fit a 20 lb. propane tank. Having the hose is a good thing. I have an older Primus two burner gas stove, and I had to hunt around for a hose that would fit the stove.

Paul

4. cooleman

Hi,silver connector is for 1lb disposable propane tank and the brass adapter is used to connect to 20lb propane tank, nice stove to have.
    Cooleman

P.S. both connectors are standard you don't to buy anything more

5. Lennart F Sweden

The one with valve is american standard 1" camping canister fitting attached to the hose via the standard hose fitting used today on Primus(and many others) suitcase and domestic stove hoses.
    The brass fitting is international standard POL fitting adapter from the 1", used on most big propane(some countries butane)cylinders for caravan, bbq, industry etc.
    Primus have a nearly complete assortment of connections for LPG canisters/cylinders around the world that screws directly to the hose thread.

6. Erin Canada

Wow thank you all so much. I went into so many stores around here and everybody told me they couldn't help me - I don't know if they just didn't try or didn't know what they were talking about. I will try to fit it onto a 1lb propane tank, however, I thought that my connection would be too big for the 1lb propane tanks (it's about 1 1/8" diameter).

If that is the case, I do think it fits the 20lb tank. I was just worried that I would be putting it on the wrong tank and the connection wouldn't be super tight and I'd have some sort of bad accident! But, if you all think it fits a 20lb propane tank then I guess I don't have to worry. When I tried it at the store, it fit but I thought those connectors normally had an outside cap that went around to ensure a tight fitting, but I guess I was wrong!