Help. What brand and model is this. Thanks

Discussion in 'AGM - American Gas machine' started by Baitman, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Baitman United States

I picked this up do to its unique grill. Anyone know any thing about it or recognize it? I think it might be a Kamp kook. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. cottage hill bill

cottage hill bill Subscriber

Not Kamp Kook, which is AGM, but a Preway Model 4523 1945-1947 followed by the 4823 which had a plain grate. They are excellent stoves. The green underneath that questionable red is the original color. The smaller knob on the left is the air feed which acts like the up-to-light lever on a Coleman. Pump up tank, open left knob about 1 turn, open large knob, light leftmost burner. When flame is blue close air knob control flame with fuel knob.

3. Baitman United States

Thank you so much. I love the knowledge on this site. My friends think I'm goofy but have restored 5 various coleman 2 and 3 burner colemans with 3 more in que. This stove is built like the old brick shit house. Thanks again

4. ArchMc

ArchMc SotM Winner Subscriber

Nice stove.

I won't comment on whether or not you're goofy, but you're in good company here.

Welcome to CCS.

....Arch

5. Majicwrench

Majicwrench Subscriber

I like. I even like the fine paint job, it adds character!

Those pump are a bit more problematic that Coleman, they have a pip that needs replaced, and the thread on the bottom of the pump shaft often get hammered as folks pump up tank.

On the far RH burner, you will see the little holes in the center of the cap. I suspect those should be on the LH burner, they are for heating the generator.