Help with Identifying Optimus 22 Stove and value

Discussion in 'Valuations' started by Johnny Midnight Hatsize, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Johnny Midnight Hatsize United Kingdom

Hello, I came across this little chap whilst clearing out my parents house recently, it was in the loft hidden under a load of other things. It's not seen the light of day for many years and looks like it needs a jolly good clean.

It's been used and and from what I can gather on this forum, it may be a newer model, but I imagine still over 50 ears old. My father was a keen mountaineer and canoeist and was an active member of Chester mountaineering Club and would have gone on many trips I imagine. I wonder if anyone can help identifying it and putting some kind of value on it? I am going to put it on eBay, I don't think my dad would mind. Pictures attached. IMG_3793.JPG IMG_3792.JPG IMG_3794.JPG IMG_3795.JPG IMG_3796.JPG

2. SveaSizzler

SveaSizzler United States Subscriber

Optimus 22. Your Dad had taste. They are much sought after. The group here can help you fettle it. As for prices and buying trends in the UK, I can't know. I'm a Yank.

3. Garth

I,ve noticed they are kinda sought after in many parts of the world here in nz they must have been popular as they still crop up from time to time i have 2 of them my brother has a pair well worth fettling as theres no stove more dependable

4. Geoff Chirnside

Geoff Chirnside Subscriber

That is what I would describe as a good honest stove. Anyone would be proud to own a stove like that and a good clean and wax
    would be the best way to restore it. Put it on Ebay for a $1 reserve and you will soon find out what it is worth.
    Geoff

5. Simes

Simes Subscriber

It's on a little higher than that Geoff.

6. Johnny Midnight Hatsize United Kingdom

Thank you everyone for your responses and help. I put it up for £175 on eBay. There's one in better condition up on eBay for £250 I think, so £175 was really just a guess. We'll see anyway. Thanks again folks.

7. Simes

Simes Subscriber

You're probably not far away, although I've not followed 22 prices for a long time, others may be more up to date.