hi Can we join this event?

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by perfect, May 25, 2011.

1. perfect

Hi we are manufactures of Perfect wick Stoves.
    Can we join this event?
    Our Website is www.chandraindustries.net

2. Gordon F

Look like it might be a nice little stove, but an unfortunate name !

3. RonPH

I agree with Gordon

Ron

4. Trojandog

Trojandog United Kingdom Subscriber

Not the best brand name or logo if you want to sell the stove to non-hindus or in certain countries.

The swastica is an important symbol in the Hindu and other religions but, following it's adoption by Mr A. Hitler, it is now viewed as an offensive symbol in many parts of the world. Displaying the swastika is illegal in Germany and the Germans are pressing the EU to adopt a Europe wide ban.

Of course with around 1 billion hindus in the world you still have a large market!

5. perfect

thank you guys for your valuable suggestions , but we also export without Swastika mentioned on the box and in other brand names also

6. itchy

I can't get too bent out of shape over a symbol, just because some demented leader may have appropriated it for a while. I remember kids in school would draw all kinds of stuff during class and all kinds of geometric objects and repeated patterns, including swastikas, were often the result. It meant nothing, but today they would likely be suspended.

As for Germany, how does one ban a symbol without showing the symbol which is banned -- wouldn't that be illegal? In the US we have similar such nonsense of course.

7. Wim

Wim Subscriber

The weirdest use of swastika's I've ever seen was on the tread of a Dunlop bicycle tyre! This was on an ad in a 1926 mag. A couple o'100 years ago a catholic bishop used the swastika on the sails of his merchant ship(s).

Regards,

Wim

8. Trojandog

Trojandog United Kingdom Subscriber

I was at a antiques fair in Monchengladbach some years ago and the every stand selling militaria had bits of tape or bluetack covering up any swastikas.

9. Jim Henderson

Yeah, a shame that a traditionally good symbol was used for evil purposes.

I was at a wedding in London way back around 1988. The inside of the hall had many swastika decorations since it was an Indian wedding. It was a little odd for me as an American to see those in the heart of London, but then I recalled the traditional meaning.

Swastikas are also used by American Indians I think as a good luck symbol.

Jim Henderson

10. flivver

flivver United States Subscriber

Hi all: In the 1920's in Los Angles there was a bakery called the "Swastika Bakery". I am told their bread was excellent. In the old parts of Los Angles to this day all the remaining early street lamps have swastika's ringing their base. These swastikas which I speak are the mirror image of the nazi verity and as Jim stated were a native American Indian good luck charm. Many older American Indian baskets and blankets displayed them for hundreds of years. Mike...

11. CWilkins

CWilkins Subscriber

Hello,
    Since these are a new item and up for sale as a new product has anyone gotten a price for the smaller models of 1 or 1.5 liter ?

Chuck

12. mikenkansas

Would the swastika have to be banned in Finland too?

13. Sparky

Sparky Subscriber

Please note that the logo used by this company is the traditional one which is the reverse of the Nazi logo. It is a traditional symbol of good fortune in some cultures.