Hillary and American Camper Stoves need regulators. Maybe 1085. Maybe Coleman 174.

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by L.I. Runaway, Apr 21, 2019.

1. L.I. Runaway United States

I'm an Assistant Scout Master in Boy Scout Troop 180. We have a nice custom box containing three nice "American Camper" Stoves. Problem is none of them have a regulator. We also have a Hillary Model No. 201.727540 Sears, Roebuck and Co. that has the same connection without a regulator. I've searched online and can't seem to find an answer to what we need. Keep finding the standard coleman regulator that is sized smaller so it doesn't fit. So far I have found stoves that resemble what we have with a model number of 1085. I've also found a site with a picture of it as a Coleman 174. Hoping someone here may have the knowlege to guide me. Possibly an adapter to convert to a hose to use a big tank would be good too. I hate to throw these nice stoves away.

Thank you in advance.

IMG_3922.JPG

IMG_3921.JPG

2. johneliot

3. geeves

geeves New Zealand Subscriber

Burners that look like that are tank pressure. You just need a hose which fits your stove and tank. In New Zealand these are common and often used on smaller bottles with a companion fitting. Our 9kg bottles use a Pol fitting and you need to use an adapter. The hard part will be getting a fitting to fit the stove.