Hipolitos Nos. 2 and 0

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by Annie Rushworth, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Annie Rushworth United Kingdom

Hi
    Just found your site and wonder if someone could tell me what washers are compatible with my two hipolito stoves please. Also the No.0 is almost complete I think, in its tin, with trivet and prickers, but what is the little perforated cup for? It will sit on the top more or less but I can't think why you'd do that. Trying to upload photos but haven't worked it out yet? I have been using the No.2 regularly but it's just started to flood a bit of paraffin and didn't reach its roaring burn. When I unscrewed and tried to check the washers one fell in bits so I guess that's the problem. I've got the little one out but am just buulding myself up to try it.

2. kerophile

kerophile United Kingdom SotM Winner Subscriber

3. Ed Winskill

Ed Winskill United States Subscriber

Welcome to CCS. Standard 1-pint brass keroburner washers will fit the Hipo 0; look in The Fettlebox here on the site.

I'm not visualizing your 'perforated cup'....

Photos are easy here. Hit the upload a file on the reply box and it will bring up your computer browser. The find your pick and open it and presto.

4. Annie Rushworth United Kingdom

5. Annie Rushworth United Kingdom

oh heck. Sorry for duplicates.

6. Ed Winskill

Ed Winskill United States Subscriber

That's a silent burner outer cap. Doesn't go with the 0, which is a roarer burner; yours looks complete. As does your #2 with a roarer burner also.

7. Annie Rushworth United Kingdom

Thank you! Odd that's in in the tin then. Do you know how old they are likely to be? The 2 never had a tin, just the cardboard box. I've had that one longest and it makes a rapid brew on the allotment. Hope I can fix it with the new washers.
    I'm actually missing one leg on the 0. It has a tent peg which is too long. Now I need someone to swap me one for the silent burner cap. :)

8. Annie Rushworth United Kingdom

I was just browsing old Hipolito posts and am chuffed to bits to be told the cap from the top of the tank fits on the end of the pump when not in use. Such a good idea. I was thinking of all sorts of solutions to stop me losing it. Love my little stove even more now.

9. Tony Press

Tony Press Australia Subscriber

Stinkpot Bay, Howden, Tasmania, Australia
    @Annie Rushworth

The cardboard box might have a date code on it somewhere.

Tony