History & Development of Trangia Sweden

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by Spiritburner, Sep 8, 2019.

1. Spiritburner

Spiritburner Admin Subscriber

2. Afterburner

Nice video!

There was also interesting video about making of Trangia burner but I couldn't find it...:doh:

3. Spiritburner

Spiritburner Admin Subscriber

4. Lennart F Sweden

Yes, 25-4 is one of my favourite modern usies too.

5. Afterburner

@Spiritburner Oh, yes! That video it was. They have nice machines for the production!

6. SveaSizzler

SveaSizzler United States Subscriber

So it's pronounced <<Tran-yah>>?
    Huh. I've always called it a ''Tran-GEE-a'' -- Rhyming with the prehistoric mother-continent, Pangaea.
    Still a great spirit burner in any language.
    In the finale scene of the Star Trek, TOS, episode ''The Corbomite Maneuver'' -- Actor Clint Howard, as 'Balok' toasts a new frendship between his species and The Federation -- giving Shatner, as Kirk, a space-tiki drink he calls 'Tranya.' [It's apricot puree from the prop dept.] Howard later said he was allergic to apricots, but had to drink it anyway.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
  7. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

@Spiritburner , Ross,

Many thanks for sharing these two excellent videos!! I have added them to my favorites, on YT!! Excellent stuff, and from now on, "Tran-Yah" it is!!!

Interestingly, the Trangia 25-4 is one of my favorites, too, along with the red, non-stick set that is similar in setup. My very first Trangia was that red non-stick, in fact! Thanks, again, and God Bless!!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

8. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

OOOPS!! I missed the edit time! But, here's a shot, from CASG #10, which shows my Trangia Tribe, as well as the one Trangia clone I own:

Trangia Tribe.jpg

Fun to see all the stoves that each Stovie brought for show and tell day!! I hope we can do another CASG soon!! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

PS- I recall when I bought that Trangia 25, red kettle set! It was in Prescott, AZ, at an Outfitters that is, unfortunately, no longer there. He made me a great deal on the NIB Trangia set, as well as a NIB Optimus 111T, because he said, "Nobody is interested in these old stoves, and I just want them out of here"!!! However, when I got the Trangia home, I must have used some really crappy alcohol in it, because it smoked horribly, and sooted up the pots badly!! I then and then decided that all the bad reviews I'd read in the US Backpacking Press had been true, and that alcohol was a horrid and nasty fuel. MAN, am I glad to have finally learned the truth about Trangia and Meths, once I found CCS!!

9. Lennart F Sweden

And there I see one of the chinese wannalookalike Trangia - I have one battered and one nearly new, the were nearly as for free but still crappier than the Optimus 88 imitations.