How do I clear a clogged generator?

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by SteveDz, Jun 17, 2019.

1. SteveDz United States

I've got a 20-plus year old Feather 400B that never failed me ... until packed into the BWCA a month ago. Clean fuel, plenty of tank pressure, fuel flowing thru the valve, but nothing getting thru the generator. I dissembled, soaked the gen tube in carb cleaner, tried to clean the orifice, but still nothing. I cannot find a replacement generator on the web. Can anyone offer advice?

2. Jim Lukowski United States

3. SteveDz United States

Hey Jim. It certainly appears to be the same part. I did find your site shortly after my post and expect I'll order one if you've still got some on-hand. Any other thoughts?

4. Jim Lukowski United States

Steve,

That's not my site, it's Old Coleman Parts. Note that Mike, the owner, will be away for the International Coleman Collectors Convention until the 27th.

I don't have one of those stoves so I cant really offer solid advice. Is the tip of the generator removable? If so, did you try removing it to see if you can see through the tip orifice? If removable and you can't see through it, perhaps the tip cleaner broke off in it preventing fuel flow. It would be pretty tough to remove if that's the case, but if you have an ultrasonic cleaner, that may vibrate it out.

Diverting here, but the last ultrasonic cleaner I picked up was half price at Goodwill and I got it for $4. For some reason, they often have these jewelry cleaners. Since I only want to clean small parts with it, the small size of these is ideal for me.

5. SteveDz United States

Thanks Jim. Great advice. I'll try an ultrasonic cleaner, but will likely order the part regardless. I appreciate the wisdom and enjoy the convention -- if you're attending.