How many know?

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by G1gop, Jul 30, 2020.

1. G1gop

G1gop United Kingdom Subscriber

After getting my shed back into use, I have started to sort out my stoves. It didn't take long to realise I have absolutely no idea what or even how many stoves I have!
    Now my collection is nothing special and not big (probably 75 or so).
    How many of us have actually catalogued you stoves or even know exactly what you have?
    I have seen posts recently of people unpacking stoves they received many years ago. It go put on a shelf and forgotten about.
    Perhaps one day I will know what stoves I have, but I suspect it will always be a never ending list! lol.
    Alan

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
  2. IvanN

IvanN United States Subscriber

I don’t have to many stoves :^o but it is always more than I think. And my stove count has just been increased by a very generous member here. When I try to count them there are always some I forget to count, the ones in my BOBs or packs or car or up on the high shelf etc. . I don’t think they want to be counted.
    Ivan

3. Wim

Wim Subscriber

I think I have like around and about 100 stoves approximately more or less :roll:

For some time now I've been thinking of thinning the herd and only keep pre-1945 stoves except a few, ehr, exceptions I like a lot. But, I seem to like most of them! Why else would I have bought them anyway!?! :whistle: I've not taken the trouble of making lists of them, mainly because some are still in need of some tender loving care and elbow grease and also because it might scare me! Nightmares because of all the money I have spend on buying "new" stoves!

4. snwcmpr

snwcmpr Subscriber

I stopped counting at 100.

5. ROBBO55

ROBBO55 Subscriber

I keep a record / list of the stoves I have fettled but have no list of the ones in the "to do" pile. :-k

6. hikerduane

hikerduane Subscriber

I keep a list to consult at times as some stoves I can't remember the model. The Primus 96 stoves I keep a list so I know what to bid on to complete the last few I need.
    Duane

7. Haggis

Haggis Subscriber

I’ve about 60,,, sold and gave away maybe 16 or 18 stoves a couple of months ago. I’ve really slowed down on acquiring, though I do have one fairly common “must have” left on my list.

8. SveaSizzler

SveaSizzler United States Subscriber

Let's see here...
    Colemans.........5
    Svea 123(+R)...2
    Optimus 99......1
    Opti.......8R......1
    Arara 37...........1
    Alcohol (All)......3
    Hexy................2
    Stick burner......1
    Flask Cooker......3
    Gassies.............3

See, I have my habit under control.

9. Cookie

Cookie United States Subscriber

After my last fettle of the eleventy one I thought "Oh I need to bring that stove back inside" and went to retrieve it. To my amazement I also brought back in nine other stoves that I had on the workbench lol. I only have about twenty or so myself I think. That's the lie that I keep telling myself lol.