Huge cast iron burner help

Discussion in 'Mystery Stoves' started by Steven Schuler, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Steven Schuler United States

Hello, I came across this very big burner at a garage sale. I was wondering if anyone could help me with any info or operation of it. When I hooked it up to propane I got a very large yellow flame no matter how much pressure or air flow I gave it. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you!

Attached Files:

2. Murph

Murph United States Subscriber

Take out the screw on the back of the burner, by the gas jet, and adjust the amount of air to get your blue flame.

Move the screw from 3 o'clock to 12 o'clock, and leave it loose until you get your gas/air mix right, the tighten it to lock down the air window. Easy thing to do.

3. Steven Schuler United States

Thank you for your reply. Yes sir, I did adjust the air flow from closed to all the way open and never achieved a blue flame. I'll try take a video showing that and post it if that would help.

4. Marc

Marc Subscriber

Were you using a regulator or straight bottle pressure?

Edit: Also make sure no critters are in the pipes blocking air flow.

5. Steven Schuler United States

I was using a regulator, but not a BBQ reg. I went all the way up 60 PSI and it made at least a 5ft yellow flame. Great idea to check for an obstruction as there's no telling how long it's been in storage. Thank you so much for your reply. I will check and report back.