It came to me "rusty green"....

Discussion in 'Optimus No:182' started by Wim, Jan 22, 2017.

1. Wim

Wim Subscriber

....and so I decided to make it a creamy white! :lol:

Sorry, no before photo's. It came to mia casa last summer, lack of time (other things to do) saw it finished early this month (year).
    To bad one of the regulating knobs is missing. I'll have to 'create' something useable so the newfangled one can go back to its own burner. No birth certificate so no idea about age!

Enjoy:content:

P1220085.JPG P1220086.JPG P1220088.JPG P1220089.JPG P1220090.JPG P1220091.JPG P1220092.JPG

The stove came with one steel Optimus outer cap and one brass Optimus outer. The brass one would constantly go into under burn (on both burners and with both inner caps) so I tried a 'No Brand' one. That one does get pretty red but no under burn at any setting. There seems to be a slow pressure loss, which I suspect to happen at the fuel level indicators. I replaced the (rather thin) rubber seals with HDPF ones but my guess is I'd rather need to make the upper ones using Viton.

Thanks for looking,

Wim

Attached Files:

2. presscall

presscall United Kingdom SotM Winner SotY Winner Subscriber

@Wim
    You seem to have achieved an excellent finish on the paint job Wim. What paint and preparation went into that?

John

3. Wim

Wim Subscriber

Hi John @presscall , after sanding down, I first put on a coat of Motip primer, followed by Hammerite radiator lacquer (heat resistant). I think the color code is Ral 9001. At one spot (luckily not very visible) it wrinkles a bit, maybe I did not degrease it properly. I really must try the electrolysis thing once...

All the best,

Wim

4. presscall

presscall United Kingdom SotM Winner SotY Winner Subscriber

Radiator lacquer. I've seen that on the DIY store shelves. Excellent idea.

John