Italian Svea/Splendor 106 *

Discussion in 'Other Countries' started by spudz, Jun 21, 2007.

1. spudz

Folks,

I spotted this stove on eBay Italy, bid on it and won :) I even had permission from the missus ... something's up !

1354661837-IMG_6912.jpg

On the eBay posting, this engraving caught my eye and convinced me to bid on the stove.

1354661845-IMG_6914.jpg

.. " Always use Paraffin"

and again ..

1354661854-IMG_6913.jpg

The large 'skirted' silent burner

1354661862-IMG_6915.jpg

The detail on the outer burner cap.

1354661870-IMG_6916.jpg

I don't know if this burner is original. Only after I had taken the photos did I notice that the spirit cup is actually quite small, perhaps too small to prime that large burner. :(

Filler cap detail

1354661877-IMG_6918.jpg

Pump handle detail

1354661885-IMG_6919.jpg

And then ..... covered by verdis-gris, what's this ....

1354661893-IMG_6917.jpg

:) :) :) :)

A Svea n.106 by Max Sievert.

And the best past of all is that this stove arrived about an hour after the Optimus 00 posted by Keith (Fyldefox). Busy day for the postie !!
    Wednesday 20 June 2007, a golden day in the Spudz stove collecting calendar.

I'm looking forward to cleaning this stove up and Enjoying the Flame.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2015
  2. fyldefox

fyldefox R.I.P.

Nice stove Spudz :D . . . not sure if the burner is original, but the outer cap certainly isn't !

3. spudz

This reply from Spiritburner to an old post, might just shed some light on the origins of this Splendor stove.
    Perhaps I mistook '105' to be '106' :shock: :oops:

I'll need to remove that verdegris to be certain.

The search for more information continues.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2015
  4. spudz

And after a bit of a clean up ....

DSCN3243.jpg

DSCN3244.jpg

DSCN3246.jpg

DSCN3273.jpg

Hope you enjoy the photos.

5. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

Hey, Spudz,

Great stove, and I've never seen another like it! One thing to consider is that this stove might have been made in Italy, under license to Sievert. I have a couple of Companion stoves, compliments of Stove Brother Handi Albert, that were made in Australia under a similar agreement with Sievert. They are SVEA stoves, made to Sievert specs, marked "Companion", but not made in Sweden. Maybe your's was made under a similar agreement? No matter, actually, as it's a real winner, either way!! Thanks, very much, for sharing it with us, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

6. spudz

To all,

Thanks very much for the kind words, especially to Ross for reminding me to post the post clean up photos. :oops:

Doc, I think you are correct about it being made under agreement, here in Italy.

I came across something recently .... what ? where ? :oops: :oops: about 'Splendor' being an Italian petroleum company, think they made home heating oils etc. in the past. So it's a good bet that they manufactured stoves under licensed for home use.

Cheers.

7. Spiritburner

Spiritburner Admin SotM Winner Subscriber

Gorgeous! Probably made under the same sort of agreement as the 'Sunflowers' for another oil company - in that case Radius & Hipolito being the makers.

Svea seem seem to be rebadged by a few company's. I've seen French versions - I'm not able to dig out the details at the mo but if they aren't on the site I have the info plus some examples. I'm looking forward to building this section with more clarity on CCSv3!

Companion certainly made stoves under licence to Svea in Australia but, & this is just my opionion, is that the Splendor & it's other European cousins were likely made by Svea in Sweden for various companies with an interest in selling product that used their fuel product.