1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've caught it

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by Spudgun, May 17, 2017.

1. Spudgun United Kingdom

You lot are a bad influence, I'm now suffering from stoveaholicism on top of my tackletartitis when it comes to fishing and my case of pipe acquisition disorder.
    Had a mate offered me a Russian Optimus clone for £30 delivered so couldn't say no. At least the 8R won't be lonely anymore.

IMG_1066.JPG

IMG_1067.JPG

2. Jeopardy

Jeopardy United Kingdom Subscriber

Another case of Stove Pox. I'd say send for @Doc Mark but it's too late and he'll only confirm that there is no cure.
    Treating CCS as pyromaniacs anonymous can help alleviate the symptoms but sooner or later we all think.... one more won't hurt.

Regards
    John

3. Doc Mark

Doc Mark United States Subscriber

@Jeopardy , @Spudgun ,

Good Morning, Gentlemen (and Ladies),

I concur with the diagnosis, and as John as so wisely stated, there is no cure to the dreaded Stove Pox! However, in my medical opinion, the symptoms CAN be smoothed a great deal, and only if, you continue to seek out and purchase stoves. It's rather like a methadone maintenance program, in that buying a stove (or ten!), now and then, help to soothe your needs, for a short time, anyway!! I must also tell you that I, too, suffer from the Stove Pox, and attempt to follow the wise tenants of the phrase, "Physician, heal thyself", by buying a new stove (or TEN!), now and then, to cut down on the cravings a little!! Good luck, and keep buying stoves, so that you suffer the very least in the throes of this dreaded disease!! Take care, rest, drink plenty of water, and an adult beverage, now and then, and fire up a stove!! God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

4. snwcmpr United States

A temporary solution has been suggested as simply burning one of the stoves that you do have. Only temporary.

5. geeves

geeves New Zealand Subscriber

Mulled wine warmed on that stove will provide temporary relief.

6. Robert Bruce

Robert Bruce Australia Subscriber

I was thinking moore of the wonderfull tea and coffee made on them as well as meals. Nothing tastes so good as a meal made on a camp stove. This helps a lot .

Cheers
    Rob

7. Longilily

Longilily United Kingdom Subscriber

Son ! You got it bad :-({|=

Run for the hills ! Do not pass go, do not collect £200

Run man ! Run !!! :lol: ;)