Juwel 25 burner and tank.

Discussion in 'Juwel No:25' started by Doc Mark, Dec 12, 2020.

1. Doc Mark

Doc Mark SotM Winner Subscriber

Howdy, All,

Some years ago, a very kind and generous CCS friend sent me the burner and tank of a Juwel 25. I mentioned it here, I believe, at that time, but then put it down in the Hobbit Hole and "lost" it!

Recently, whilst seeking something else, I "found" that setup. Here is what I have:

IMG_5602.jpg
    IMG_5603.jpg

IMG_5604.jpg

IMG_5605.jpg

IMG_5606.jpg

IMG_5607.jpg

IMG_5608.jpg

IMG_5609.jpg

I believe there are supposed to be markings on the bottom, too, but so far, I've not found them. Maybe they'll be more apparent if I clean the tank up some. Take a squint, and see if you Gentlemen and Ladies can see what I'm missing.

IMG_5610.jpg

IMG_5611.jpg

I plan to locate a proper-sized, kidney-shaped aluminium tin, and create a "Franken-Juwel 25. Already some such tins, but they appear to be just a tad too small. Terry, (@Trojandog ), could you please send me the measurements of the original M25 tin? That would be much appreciated. Failing the location of a proper tin, I will come up with something else. In any case, I'm glad this little Juwel came to hand again, and this time, I'll not bury it so deeply in the Hobbit Hole, when I take it back down!! Thanks for looking, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

PS - If anyone actually has an original tin for one of these, and it's surplus to their needs, I would be interested in doing a trade, of in buying it. Thanks, again!

2. jrs08

jrs08 Subscriber

An extremely unusual stove, never seen anything like it. Just curious, is the original tin setup part of the pot support system? Jim (jrs08)

3. Doc Mark

HI, @jrs08 , Jim,

Yes, the entire setup breaks down and stores inside the tin. Check out the outstanding Juwel that @Trojandog shared with us here at CCS:

1930s Juwel 25

And, here's another one:

My JUWEL 25

The Model 25 is a very clever design, and one that is very interesting to me. I seriously doubt that I'll be able to find ANY parts for this stove, and thusly, I'm prepared to improvise and see what I can "create". Take care, and God Bless!

Doc

4. Sternenlicht

Sternenlicht Subscriber

Nice stove! Some years ago I had the chance to buy one, but I was to lame...

But unlike the Juwel 22 regulation is not allowed.

But anyhow, if I see one, I also would buy it :lol:

Ciao, Bastian

5. SveaSizzler

SveaSizzler United States Subscriber

Hey Doc,
    Having looked at the gallery shots, I got an idea. The Jewel 25's kidney shaped pattern is not just an aesthetic whim. To me, it looks like it was designed to ride inside a German army issue mess tin. The M-31 Koschgesschirr. They are still plentiful on the surplus market, as many other countries copied the design. East German Army surplus lot being the last glut on the market.
    Another kidney-shaped option is the Titanium canteen cup set by Boundless Voyages. Now going for $50 on Ebay.
    www.ebay.com/itm/Titanium-Canteen-Cup-Mess-Kit-Ultralight-Bowl-Pots-Set-Camping-Cookware-300ml-600ml/193173911474?hash=item2cfa0ff7b2
    These are sized around the 1 Qt USGI canteen, but have a lovely kidney shape. And the lower-cut cup may be the ideal thing.
    Not having a Juwel 25, I don't have the scale perspective. But the Kraut mess pail is an avenue you need to explore.
    I would guess it was ''gucci'' gear for the upscale Soldat in the mid 1930s.

6. Doc Mark

Hey, @SveaSizzler ,

Thanks for your suggestions, but unfortunately, the Ti kit is WAY too small, at first glance, the German kit is also too small. The measurements of the original Juwel tin that was made for the #25, are, approximately: 6.5" L x 4" W x 2 5/8" D. One of our very good friends here at CCS, is working on solutions for finding a kit that will work for the #25. (Thanks, Jon!!) His ideas are excellent, and may quite possibly bear fruit. If so, I'll share the results here. Thanks, again, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

7. SveaSizzler

SveaSizzler United States Subscriber

@DocMark. See my other post about a big French mess bucket.
    The titanium kit is canteen cup sized. Works in the 1 Qt. 1 L range.