Juwel Sportkocher Juwel 84

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by OMC, Nov 11, 2017.

1. OMC

OMC United States Subscriber

Trevor, all,
    A stove forum post (welcomes chat) and begins w/an ebay ad but integrates CCS posted info as well.
    This ebay link will expire, I found the ad interesting in a few ways (new in box, $22 +0 B.I.N. btw).
    The ad is beside the point but while ebay link is active any comment drift along those lines... or any & all comments welcome here. The point of the post to highlight the Sportkocher from ad and various similar examples.
    from ebay ad:
    JUWEL84.jpg

The above example appears to be a match to Trevor's "Juwel Sport" here , neither refer to No.84.
    Due to many examples online (right or wrong) I am associating this with No.84, but please consider "84" as unconfirmed.

If nothing else this is a *new post that...
    shows some original boxes,
    welcomes discussion and
    aids CCS searches w/tags below.
    *I mention "new" post (a re do) as the No.84 etc is discussed in an old post but is re "Svea123 clone" and posted links have expired.

For the many among us impressed with Gustav's offerings we may wonder:
    > if production of this type stove was continuous pre WW2 (No.33) until 2003 (No.84) ... or today?
    > Might production have continued in Germany all the way thru the newest models?
    > about differences between various later models, images from the web:

JUWEL84B.jpg

JUWEL84D.jpg
    source, youtube title: Benzin-Gaskocher Benzinkocher Benzinsparkocher Tyczka Daggi 2000
    (1.Ausfuhrung )

JUWEL84C.jpg

thx omc
    @shagratork tags: No.84 Benzin - Sportkocher JUWEL original Barthel Gustav Barthel benzinkocher benzinsparkocher.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  2. cmb56

cmb56 Sweden Subscriber

I recently bought a NOS Tyczka Daggi 2000.
    I do not know when or who made it but the tool box is marked GB.

The last company that made the Benzinkocher seems to be GOK Regler- und Armaturen-Gesellschaft mbH & Co. KG. under the name GOK Juwel Benzin-Sportkocher.

The company prior GOK seems to have been VEB Lötgerät, Dresden (possible renamed, Barthel GmbH, Dresden) that made the Juwel 84 until 1991 from the overtake of the Gustaf Bartel factory.
    Juwel 34 become Juwel 84 in DDR.

My guess is that the Tyczka Daggi 2000 was made by VEB Lötgerät, Dresden because of the older pot stands and the more common East German hammer type of paint.

These are my understanding, for now, of some German web site informations.

Michael