KampKook #3 & Lunch

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by Haggis, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Haggis

Haggis Subscriber

Out with Herself today,,, fall leaves, and lunch by a lake: grilled cheese sandwiches, tomato soup, a cookie, and black tea. The center of operations was this KampKook #3... Just a solid old stove...

C4FF1F18-05FC-495A-AA78-E015FD9EE827.jpeg

D89E79C3-D06A-4E6D-98AB-BEE7D6F57C9D.jpeg C6676AF7-9486-4D35-A101-6409F6DF355D.jpeg 30926A19-B21B-4299-8BC9-676248A2A1B2.jpeg 5612BCB2-40BE-4752-9150-689A04FCE799.jpeg 99C819C4-CF49-4D2E-9009-75CF100E557D.jpeg

2. Ed Winskill

Ed Winskill United States Subscriber

Really good to see that one in action.

3. Haggis

Haggis Subscriber

Fun to have it out and actually use it,,, all too often I just light them on occasion, and they never leave the shop...

I’m doing a thing this month: 30 stoves, 30 meals, by 30 lakes, in 30 days. Up to day 16 today. Lots of lakes in Northeastern Minnesota, I’ve got a lot of stoves, and at 70, a lot of free time...

4. Ed Winskill

Ed Winskill United States Subscriber

You've got 10,000 stoves?8] That might beat Doc, but maybe not....

5. ArchMc

ArchMc Subscriber

I showed this post to my wife, and she said, "That looks fun! Can we join them?"

....Arch

6. Haggis

Haggis Subscriber

@Ed Winskill , sure don’t have a different stove for every lake in Minnesota, but I can manage 30 lakes a couple of times over. :content:

@ArchMc , the more the merrier,,, It’s good to be out in the fresh air everyday, and lots of fun enough taking these old stoves for a stroll.

7. itchy

Very nice spot and great little stove.
    Are you documenting all 30 trips and stoves with pictures? I wouldn't mind seeing a few more when you find the time.

8. Haggis

Haggis Subscriber

@itchy I am taking photos, and keeping a record of the lakes et al...

If I’m not being a nuisance with this, I’ll try to show a photo or two from each outing,,, stove front and center of course.

9. OMC

OMC Subscriber

Thank you
    you are "north east", if up nort you can be out on the ice before ya know it <-- that may or may not slow your pace. Minnesotans in large part do their best to enjoy the winter wonderland from little I've seen.
    I was in "the cities" last week fwiw and blessed with a dry, unseasonably warm Friday / Saturday.

Re " ...stove front and center of course." I sure do like to see your No.3 cooking in situ, and as much as I appreciate anyone adhering to how the site is setup :thumbup::thumbup:.

edit, Doh!, "I" only now just notice this is in "stove forum", please note: the Action Gallery

I know MANY members will very much like to see the beautiful environs in your neck of the woods either way.
    We see there, similarities with Scandinavia. Minnesota is home to more Swedes than any other state in US iirc.

btw here's a "travels" thread for colorful day trips with or without stoves link
    thx again omc

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
  10. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

@Haggis ,

Great idea for a theme thread!! Keep 'em coming, please?!!!

@Ed Winskill wrote, "
    You've got 10,000 stoves?8] That might beat Doc, but maybe not....".

Well, when we lived in the Land of 10,000 Lakes, back in the 1980's, we only had TWO stoves!! Things were quite simple, then! We either took our Coleman 425E, or our Coleman Peak 1 M400! Sometimes, when car camping up by the Taylor's Falls/St. Croix area, we'd take them both. But, up in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness, we only took the M400. Back then I couldn't even CONCEIVE of having more than those two stoves!!!! My, my... how things have changed!! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc (who currently has more stoves, than brains......!!) :doh: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: )

11. OMC

OMC Subscriber

ello again,
    re: "I’m doing a thing this month: 30 stoves, 30 meals, by 30 lakes, in 30 days."
    wow, just 30 lakes in 30 days is ambitious for anybody.

My work involved doing many stints in "the cities" in the 90s (all weather).
    Weather permitting there were many outings with co-workers, friends & family "out at the lake" [cabins], and many very quiet very private locations.
    So I guess before I make following request,
    respecting privacy,
    IF it is private property / private lake I'm not asking for those locations.

re your: " keeping a record of the lakes "
    If/when you're enjoying public land, if it's not too much to ask, please do provide a name of the location?
    looking forward to anything you do manage to share as you do your 'thing". lol
    thx again and all the best to you! omc

12. Haggis

Haggis Subscriber

@OMC The plan is to only visit public access sites on public lakes. Day 17 today,,, I’ll start putting something together pretty quick, and I will mention every lake by name...