Kangaroo kitchen stove

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by Larry E Brown, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Larry E Brown United States

I recently purchased a kangaroo kitchen stove off ebay that was supposedly new old stock in the box. Upon arrival I discovered that although it is unused and new it is missing the wire grill to be able to put a pot on it. Does anyone is the group have any information on how to get parts? Thanks

2. Ray123

Ray123 Subscriber

Hi Larry. Welcome to CCS. Since no one has responded I guess few of us including myself know about these kangaroo stoves. Any manufacturer info on the box? You may have to visit a kitchen store or the local Walmart equivalent place and see if they have anything you can use or modify for use if the stove is obsolete.

3. Ed Winskill

Ed Winskill United States Subscriber

A site search turns up several Kangaroo stove and kitchen discussions over the years.
    Here's one:
    Kangaroo Kitchen

Don't know whether any will answer your questions, but it's worth a look. I do doubt that information of a source of parts would turn up, though.

4. Ray123

Ray123 Subscriber

Thanks Ed. My search only resulted in links to this page and 1 other. I learned a valuable lesson here. If you do a search from this thread you only come up with a few listings and not the 6 pages of results you get when searching from the forum page.

From Ed's link we can see a picture of the stove. Finding a propane bottle may be harder than finding the grate.

5. Tony Press

Tony Press Australia Subscriber

Stinkpot Bay, Howden, Tasmania, Australia
    @Ray123

There’s a tick box that you untick, if you’re searching from a thread and want to go wider.

C6FCFE86-EA07-480C-95FF-5CA330CA5859.jpeg

Cheers

Tony

6. Ray123

Ray123 Subscriber

@Tony Press Thanks Tony. What was happening was as soon as I put the cursor in the search block I got an automatic drop down of my last 6 searches blocking all you show in your post. Might be a Windows 10 thing as some of my previous searches listed weren't on CCS. There was a little trashcan next to each old search so after getting rid of them all is good now.

Cheers
    Ray

7. Ed Winskill

Ed Winskill United States Subscriber

I just use 'search forums' up there on the top line. No trashcans, no this and that, no boxes to check, no drop downs; it just searches all the forums from all the ages. It is a very good search function.

8. kerophile

kerophile United Kingdom SotM Winner Subscriber

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020 at 9:19 AM
  9. kerophile

kerophile United Kingdom SotM Winner Subscriber

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020 at 10:05 AM
  10. Larry E Brown United States

I just found a cookie rack for baking cookies on that I believe I can cut to work. Thanks

11. Larry E Brown United States

They have been out of business for quite awhile, I just found a rack for baking cookies on that I believe I can cut to fit. Thanks