lampy buying stoves again

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by pressuredup, Jul 10, 2009.

1. pressuredup

1247241441-stove_opt.jpg

I have just acquired this from a show and was wondering if any body could verify what it is, on one burner it says valor on the other it says primus and that's the only marks on it .I have a sneaking feeling its not either of these,could it be an RM ???? Thanks Marty

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2015
  2. Bom Bom Bom Bom

Hi pressuredup,

I'd tend to go along with your view. If you look at the following RM 320 posted by Willonthewall in the reference gallery I'd suggest it looks like two of them sharing a common frame. Obviously one of the tanks has been reversed so both pump rods are facing the front.

RM 320

I like my 320 and find it is a very controllable stove with a fantastic simmer ability. I would be very pleased with two bolted together

Cheers, Graham. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2015
  3. kerophile

kerophile United Kingdom SotM Winner Subscriber

Hi, I'm inclined to agree with Graham on this one.
    The RM ranges are super...powerful and yet controllable:

https://classiccampstoves.com/threads/4219

Check out the filler cap and pump tube on my one against your two-burner.

Nice acquisition you've made.
    Best Regards,
    Kerophile.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2015
  4. BernieDawg Banned

Hmmmmm. This looks familiar.

1247255821-PICT4067.jpg 1247255815-PICT4068.jpg 1247255805-PICT4070.jpg 1247255811-PICT4069.jpg

Mine is in pieces as you see awaiting some fettling.

I'll leave what's what up to others but they are remarkably similar. Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Gary

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2015
  5. pressuredup

Hi Gary it's very similar even down to the pump rod knobs being one brass and the other bakelite
    Cheers Marty :thumbup:

6. BernieDawg Banned

Whoops! Marty, that's my crummy picture misleading you. My bad. :oops: :(

The pump knobs on mine are mismatched, but one of mine is black bakelite and the other is red painted white plastic.

What is interesting though, is that one of the roarers on the stove was Primus, the other Towson & Coxson (Burmos). I was lucky enough to have a matching T&C to replace the Primus with. Nothing of significance in that, just kind of oddly coincidental. :)

I'm really not very familiar with the UK builders of stoves which is why I prefer not to speculate overly much. But, it would appear that my Parasene decal might suggest yours might be a Parasene also.

I look foward to seing your progress with your stove and maybe some burning shots when you get the chance. Mine is a bit down the list right now, but I will post when I have it cleaned up and running.

Take care and good fettling,
    Gary

7. theyellowdog

I have a parasene range, single burner. That apart from being a single looks exactly like that. Instructions say parasene 600 and 700.