Lilor n° 66 gasoline model (ca 1935)

Discussion in 'France' started by Michel, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Michel

Michel Subscriber

Here is the ultimate attempt to compete with the arrival of butane gas stoves at Lilor.
    And I must admit that it is quite impressive with an instant start without the slightest maneuver and without preheating
    The principle is simple : we inject pressurized air taken from the top of the tank
    from preheating so that the gasoline vaporizes and ignites instantly.

On previous models: https://f231b8ec-696a-4b45-87a4-12f253c7b3de.filesusr.com/ugd/ce3c7d_df2e2df779f84b8ea41b3bdddfcc4b
    e0.pdf
    There were two levers to operate. And we had to close the air lever otherwise we found ourselves quickly without pressure
    Here there is only one, we turn the black lever by presenting a flame ... and that all

This system is based on two patents that some of you will be happy to dissect
    a 1929 Coleman: Espacenet - Original document
    & date = 19290803 & DB = & locale = fr_EP #
    A Liotard or Lilor from 1934: Espacenet - Original document & date = 19341122 & DB = & locale = fr_EP #

It is a model in enamelled stamped steel whose enamel has slightly cracked. It existed with an enamelled cast iron frame.

IMG_9472.JPG IMG_9474.JPG IMG_9476.JPG IMG_9478.JPG IMG_9479.JPG Lilor n° 66.jpg

2. Michel

Michel Subscriber

The manometer is very sophisticated. It also allows to see the level of gasoline using a rod and a cork float

IMG_9467.JPG IMG_9469.JPG IMG_9470.JPG

3. z1ulike

z1ulike United States SotM Winner Subscriber

That's a very nice stove @Michel Thanks for sharing it and for the detailed explanation. It's nice to see the pressure and fuel gauge mechanism in working order. So often these are broken and useless on older stoves like this.

Ben

4. presscall

presscall United Kingdom SotM Winner SotY Winner Subscriber

5. Conny C

Conny C Subscriber

Nice Lilor stove Michel.
    I am familiar with that Coleman patent, as it is stamped on the tank on my Coleman/Jolp 800 stove.
    Here you can see that stove on CCS French Coleman (Jolp No.800) two burner stove
    That was my first stove restoration post on CCS in 2015.
    On the Coleman/Jolp stove, there is a three way control knob, but the principle is the same.

/Conny

Jolp Coleman logo.jpg Jolp stove valve control.jpg Coleman French patent FR 662 177.jpg