M-1942 Aladdin dated 1944

Discussion in 'Military' started by Army J, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Army J

Army J Subscriber

My new stove finally arrived from the states. The build quality of these stoves is very good. I had to do a little cleaning and sort out the pip. After that it functioned as it should. However I haven't bought this one to use yet. I have just bought a Coleman made M1942 dated 1945 to use, just waiting for that one to arrive. I really like the fact it's made from stainless steel. Yet so light. It's a robust stove as can be seen from the pictures. The temptation to light it is hard to resist I have to admit. The stove came with matching 1944 canister too which is in good condition. I have a reproduction instruction label but again am in two minds to use it. All in all I'm very pleased. Which is good as I paid slightly over the odds to get this one.

20180730_211132.jpg

20180730_211158.jpg

20180730_211239.jpg

20180730_211650.jpg

20180730_211814.jpg

2. Ed Winskill

Ed Winskill United States Subscriber

A beauty.

3. HercL4D2

HercL4D2 Subscriber

I used mine daily at work for years to cook my lunch. Quit being a wooshie, Git it some gas and a match, Life is too damn short.

4. Majicwrench

Majicwrench Subscriber

I have one of those (mine is, of course, missing the wooden knob) that just refuses to work well, is alway blowing itself out. One of these days I need to figure it out.
    They are a very fun looking stove. Maybe I should just put mine on a shelf and look at it.

Nah.

5. Jim Lukowski United States

Now that's a beauty. I wouldn't dream of firing that one up, it would then be 'just another' M-1942. Being original, I'd save new the label for the second one and leave this alone.

You likely know this, but just in case, there's a parts well in the pump tube.

6. Army J

Army J Subscriber

Hi Jim,
    Thanks. I guess some people don't get why i wouldn't want to fire her up. That's why i bought a second one. Which is a bit like my other stoves. Love the build quality of certain stoves so i tend to buy them if they are cheap enough. Postage from the US puts a lot of people off. But as an earlier comment on this thread said "life is too short" i can always earn more money. Regards
    John

7. Jim Lukowski United States

As Magicwrench noted, these aren't very adjustable, or maybe that's just what I read into his post. :) They are not really known for it and mine certainly aren't. I can't remember if I had read that the tip cleaning lever packing was not replaceable or that it was not available. Either way, I won't touch mine.

The problem with the one I use is that the lever tends to bind a bit, so when it starts moving, I end up going to far and put the flame out. Mine too is missing the knob. It gets hot, so there's no holding onto the lever for any length of time to make tweaks. These stoves are often missing that wooden knob.