M-1950 problem

Discussion in 'Fettling Forum' started by eddie56, Jan 10, 2019.

1. eddie56

hi,can anyone please help,just came into possession of a Coleman m-1950 markings are us 1985 smp the problem is twofold 1 when the fuel valve is in the off position fuel keeps coming out when pressurised.2 i have been searching for replacement seals but with no luck,can any give me any advice as to correct first Problem and secondly point me in the right direction for replacement seals .total novice so any advice would be really appreciated.

2. cottage hill bill

cottage hill bill Subscriber

Go to Old Coleman Parts (OCP). Mike (the owner) sells a M1950 rebuild kit. Your problem, is a small O-ring inside the stove. You will have to remove the burner from the fount to replace the O-ring. Go to the Coleman Collector's Forum, use the search feature and you'll find disassembly tutorials and discussions with lots of pictures. There may also be a parts diagram on the OCP site. The kit is only a few $ and the stove is well worth rebuilding.

3. Rangie

Rangie Subscriber

Page 2-6 HERE, item 9.
    Also check your NRV seal, page 2-5, item 17, this is essential for stopping it urinating Naptha everywhere. :thumbup: :content:

Alec.

4. eddie56

Thanks for the help,much appreciated.

5. HercL4D2