M1950 from 1981

Discussion in 'Military' started by hydro451, Feb 19, 2009.

1. flivver

flivver United States Subscriber

Matukat: Sorry, guess i didn't link up with your link; oops Mike...

2. David Shouksmith

David Shouksmith Subscriber

FWIW, as far as I'm aware, SMP was State Machine Products and the stoves in question were made by the inmates of Kentucky prisons. Because of that, the quality was often poor and the stoves were more than likely not to work...

3. Matukat

Matukat Subscriber

Flivver, no big deal, I've done it too, not read the whole thread, that is. :-)

4. Rick b

Omaha Surplus still has them (SMP) in stock, the price has gone up since the fall of 08 when I got mine. Comes complete spares, etc. in the box with the the manual. They still show the Enders (I think mine is the 9060?) as well.

5. Bom Bom Bom Bom

Further to the earlier posts, here's some shots of the canister of spares that came with my Bialaddin version.

The shot below shows the original cardboard box, the stove in it's can, and the canister of spare parts. Each smaller tube contains a spares kit containing the fuel filter and cleaning needle assembly, nipple, leather pump bucket, graphite packing and washers. Note it's not obvious from the hastily taken picture, but there are two spare spanners (wrenches) contained in the spares kit.

1235381073-P2210025_opt.jpg

Here's the detail on the large spares canister, with the date matching the normal date for the Bialaddin version of this stove:

1235381088-P2210026_opt.jpg

And finally here's a detail from my other (SMP) version of this stove from 1982, showing it marked on the side rather than bottom:

1235381096-P2210027_opt.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2015
  6. hydro451

Graham, interesting spares and wonderful extras,those should last a life time thanks for the pics Cheers Tom

7. kellyblues

SMP products where never at any time made in,on or near a prison or by inmates. I have interviewed the family that started the company. They where know as AF or Auto Fab when they first started production with military spec lanterns.

Kelly