Manaslu No:96

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Archivist, Jun 10, 2008.

1. Archivist

Archivist Archivist

Courtesy of Phil Masters

A classic Japanese stove from the first decade of the 21st Century.

1213105911-01.jpg 1213105918-02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2015
  2. Spiritburner

Spiritburner Admin Subscriber

This is an excellent little stove from Japan. The same size as a Primus 96 but with a conventional roarer burner. Bought new in 2001

1221517234-new96.jpg 1221517241-new96a.jpg 1221517250-new96b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2015
  3. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

Hi, Ross,

These are wonderful little stoves, and after reading about all the admiration for them, by our fellow Stovies, I sprung for one, myself, today!! May I ask what you paid for yours, please? I may have paid a hair too much, but it was worth it! Thanks, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

4. Ed Winskill

Ed Winskill United States Subscriber

Mark, are these available at retail? Basecamp's site says they are "temp out of stock".
    Ed

5. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

Hey, Ed,

Not as far as I know. I bought mine from the Gentleman in The Netherlands, who posted a note here, and who listed it on eBay. I thought the price was a tad high, but might be wrong about that. He told me he bought it from Basecamp, about a decade ago, when he came to the UK seeking stoves. He has never fired it up, and so it is as new as I'm likely to have found! I'm actually very surprised that nobody bid against me, but as the only bidder, I won his stove, paid him immediately, and he shipped it immediately! He sent me the tracking info from The Netherlands, but I've not checked it.

As to price, I got it for €99 + shipping. That seems a bit high, but as I don't know the actual asking price from Basecamp, I have no idea. In any case, I decided, "in for a penny, in for a Euro" as it were, and jumped on it! I'll let you know how it all turns out when my "new" Manaslu 96 arrives here.

I hope that Mike gets more of those in to sell, as I was most definitely planning on buying one, and from what I've read, many others, including you, are also interested in that small gem of a stove! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Mark

6. Spiritburner

Spiritburner Admin Subscriber

Mark - too long ago for me to remember for sure but I think around £60. Don't think I have it any more.

7. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

Hey, Ross,

Many thanks for getting back to me. Adjusting for today's currency, I think the price I paid was not too bad, overall. Thanks, again, and I can hardly wait to try this stove!! Take care, best to you, Tess, Tom, and Winnie, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Mark

8. Ed Winskill

Ed Winskill United States Subscriber

I don't think you overpaid at all for NIB, especially where the euro is now.